A6300 AF advanced features all greyed out with native lenses

Hi folks,

In November I bought a 3 months old A6300 (so still under warranty) and two brand new lenses: E 10-18 f/4 OSS and E 35mm f/1.8 OSS.

I don't know if it is normal but with both lenses I cannot select AF-A - AF drive speed - AF drive tracking. All these features are greyed out and when I try to select them a Lens error shows up saying "Invalid with this lens". Face detection in video seems to work. I have also tried Eye AF and it seems to work as well. 

I am not sure that everything is working properly...any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Guest Jaf-Photo

Actually, both SEL35F18 and SEL1018 are fully compatible with the fast hybrid autofocus of the A6300. The lenses may need to be updated to the most recent firmware, though. This is done in pretty much the same way as updating the firmware of the camera.

The AF-A mode is a weird one. It automatically switches between AF-S and AF-C, depending on the movement of the subject. There is no use for it, as AF-C generally works best for both static and moving subjects. 

I don't know if there is an issue with these lenses in the AF-A mode, some searches on Sony's page should provide the answer. If they are incompatible, its no huge loss. Just go with AF-C unless there's a specific reason to change to AF-S.