Minolta AF 70-210mm F/4 Beercan

Err, You won't need an adaptor for the Sony FE70-200.

Poor advice from SAR_Admin.

You'd need the fullframe - to - cropframe adapter. 

But it's not out yet. Sony is still working on it ;-) If  

my informant is correct, it's not a design problem  

that's delaying it. They just haven't figgered out

how much they can get you to pay for something

nobody needs and that doesn't really do anything.

When it does arrive, don't expect it to be cheap ! 

Until then, just put the FE lens on the A6000 and

wrap some duct tape around it so peeps can see

that you're not intimidated by exotic technology. 

`

`

Philippe,

You will need an adapter to mount the Beercan as well as any other Minolta lenses onto your A6000.

Basically you have 2 different mount systems for Sony cameras:

The A mount, which historically comes from Minolta and still is used by Sony's SLT cameras like the A77 II and A99. The Sony lenses for this A mount are usually named SAL in their denomination. All Minolta AF lenses (like the Beercan) are A mount lenses.

The E mount is used by Sony for its mirrorless camera line, like your A6000, the A7s and NEXes. Native E mount lenses will be named FE for the those covering the full frame sensors (like the FE 70-200mm f/4 G you mention) or SEL and obviously won't need an adapter to be used on the A6000.

Specifically get the LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 from Sony.  They will both adapt the lenses so they operate like a native E-mount lens, with AF and exposure and all that.

I use a LA-EA2 on my Nex-7 with a variety of Minolta lenses.  The 100-200 4.5 works great, as does many other A mount lenses. This includes Sigma and Tamron A mount lenses. You could technically mount and use the Sigma 50-500mm lens...

Be aware that you will probably need to use the micro focus adjustment feature...I think that is what it is called.  The amount of adjustment needed varies with lens.  But, once you have that sorted, the lenses will work great.

It is a great and cheap way to learn about lenses and which are used for what.  There is a rather large range of Minolta A mount lenses on ebay for cheap.  Some of them can be a bit on the large side though.