2 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissie

Chrissie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Well,

after having posted my first few posts, it's about time to tell a bit more about myself:

I'm going to turn 60 in less than a week. That's why I recently treated myself to a new outfit of an A9 body, along with a 16-35GM plus an 100-400GM lens. No other lenses so far. I'm fully aware of the gaps this opens me up to. Time will tell. (I have a wife who needs to be convinced, and I don't want to over-do it the first time around). =8-)

I'm German by birth, and emigrated to Switzerland about four years ago. My wife is Swiss.

In terms of photography, I've  used a Canon EOS 550D along with a Tamron 18-270, along with a Canon EF-S 10-22 for about 8 years, or so I feels, which I've traded in for my new gear.

My current leisure occupations (paragliding, Ducati Monster S1200, mountaineering) will probably not carry me past my seventies, although I have enjoyed taking my previous camera along all of those. So I felt this to be the just right time to take the next step.

That's about all I currently want to share.

Best regards,

Chrissie

"One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions"  -  various sources

#2 Jeffreykmd

Jeffreykmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

I would get a 24-70 GM if you can convince your spouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 Chrissie

Chrissie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

Thanks @Jeffreykmd,

that's of course the obvious choice, currently. But I've also read about a new 24-105 fromSony, which I'm awaiting test results from before I'll make a decision.

"One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions"  -  various sources

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X