RX1R III?

I would love to hear about it also. I use the RX1R-2 for about 90% of my photography and it is the only digital camera I have ever found that feels like it can replace the film Leicas I used to use. I'm curious, what would people like to see in a model 3? I have a list of things that could simply be done to the existing camera to improve it, and then a list of wishes.

To improve the current camera:

1. Incorporate a grip onto the body - that should also allow for a larger battery compartment so as to use a longer lasting battery. Battery life is my biggest complaint about the camera. (Everyone I know who seriously uses the camera has attached a grip to it already anyhow.)

2. Some degree of weather sealing. It doesn't need to go underwater, but I'd like it to put up with some rain better. 

3. Do something about the E:61:00 error message problem in which autofocus gets stuck. It doesn't happen that often but is incredibly annoying when it does and the quick fix of banging on the camera when it is booting up worries me.

4. Either move the video record button or put some kind of lock on it. It is too easy to trigger by mistake. (Or get rid of the video function altogether. Does anybody actually use this camera with its fixed focus lens for video? I have on occasion, but when I shoot video I tend to use an RX100-V which has 4k and at least something of a zoom.)

My wish list:

1. Apparently Sony has developed its curved sensor. I have read that it doesn't work very well, yet, with interchangeable lenses. Well, this camera doesn't have an interchangeable lens and I don't want it to. So why not use the curved sensor with this camera?

2. If somehow this camera could have a sensor with about twice the resolution - 84 mp - I could pretty much get rid of all my other bulky camera equipment that I only use about 10% of the rest of the time anyhow. (I tend to use a 35mm lens and sometimes an 85mm for about 98% of everything I do.) If I could crop the 35 mm field of view to at least 70 mm, or a bit more, while maintaining the resolution that I currently get from this camera I would be worshipping at the altar of the god Sony.

3. If by some miracle Sony could grant me the #2 wish, I would love to have an option to switch the viewfinder to a cropped view - perhaps a 70 mm equivalent crop and also a 140 mm equivalent crop. If there was a way to assign a function button so that I could have the camera actually make the crop in the file, as well as just in the view, it would save me having to come up with masques in Photoshop to achieve it.

That's my more than two cents. Anybody have any other ideas?

• 3 months later...