Change the Picture Effect in post

Kgnuuud

I accidentally hit the toy button when I was filming midways inn too a music video. I did not see the misstake before i was in the editing room. It hurts like hell!

Is there a way to change that in post so I can color grade it my self? It looks like i have to grade the entire video like that stupid toy cam setting.

I have the Sony A7sII

Max.

Use the error as 'style' or 'artistic effect'. If any correction will look obviously like an attempt at correction it's time to do something so extreme it looks like it was planned that way. Throw a couple of different effect plugins over it to mask the incongruence between it and the proper video. If the cuts between the two are too jarring then make the 'good' vid match the 'bad'.

Had a pal do a two camera shoot overseas of a 65 piece band where the cams were not only of different makes but color and exposure renditions were too extreme to match. He was determined to give the principles their $5k back as he saw no way out of making an acceptable vid. Had him do to the dirty work of cut selection and timing after which I applied 'artistic license' to the story via plugins and Color Finale Pro. The showing was a success. He got to keep the $$$ and was up to explaining just what A SP/SE Production in the credits was if ever asked. (Silk Purse, Sow's Ear)

I know yours was done in error but I always caution people when they shoot in any of the creative styles available. You can always muck clean video into a myriad of looks but you can NEVER unmuck dirty video into clean. Under the category of "We don't need a professional to shoot out wedding" category, a customer handed me their footage by a friend where the bridal party was shot walking along a forest trail in INFARED pale green as if a sniper had them spotted in his scope. Simply placing a sepia tone over it turned it into dreamy vintage when inserted into properly colored footage instead of the beginning of a mass execution of the wedding party.