• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Indyboy

Indyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Only a number, or for some - the most important number.

If you're regularly printing 24x36 up to 40x60, it is nice to have. The other changes are significant for a pretty small subset of people that usually don't need high resolution - imo. When I was a working photojournalist I would have appreciated those changes, but I would not be wanting anything near a 42 mp camera for daily event work. Way overkill and resource intensive. So in that respect - the A9 would be the preferred solution.

I come from the Canon world where I used 13MP 5D up to 50MP 5DsR.

I am an architectural photographer that has clients regularly print my images up to eight feet wide for their offices.

The res is useful to a point but in truth, if one is shooting for large print the improvement is slight and scarcely visible to the average viewer.

However, I will grant that the hobbyist uninterested in the opinion of the layperson and delights in zooming in to 800%. For them, the more MP the better.

If I am called upon to shoot events I use a 20MP 1 inch Panasonic as it has 15fps, leaf shutter and weighs about 2 lbs. Even then the res is frantic overkill for the final web use.

#42 Ross F22

Ross F22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Just received my A7Riii and noticed that I was getting a really significant amount of resistance when attaching a Lens.
Has anyone else run into this? I think I may have received a defective camera

#43 LiveShots

LiveShots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

That’s likely the weather sealing. I noticed the same thing on my α9.

#44 Ross F22

Ross F22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

That’s likely the weather sealing. I noticed the same thing on my α9.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m hoping it’s the weather sealing, lens changes with my A7Rii were buttery smooth: now it feels like I might damage the lens or camera if Iaccidentally squeeze in the wrong spot.

Did you experience the heavy resistance after turning the lens 10-15 degrees? I’m hoping it’s the weather sealing

#45 LiveShots

LiveShots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

If I recall it got a little stiffer as it approached the locking mechanism. Try pushing the button in as you rotate and see if this makes it easier.

#46 Lescatalpas

Lescatalpas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

Just received my A7Riii and noticed that I was getting a really significant amount of resistance when attaching a Lens.
Has anyone else run into this? I think I may have received a defective camera

I experienced the same, when comparing to my A7ii.I have the camera now a few weeks and it seems it is smoother now than when brand new. As far as I can see there is no weathersealing between body and lens flange. I guess the manufacturing specs are a bit tighter.All the buttons have a more solid feel as well. Nothing to worry about I think.

#47 Ross F22

Ross F22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

I experienced the same, when comparing to my A7ii. I have the camera now a few weeks and it seems it is smoother now than when brand new. As far as I can see there is no weathersealing between body and lens flange. I guess the manufacturing specs are a bit tighter.All the buttons have a more solid feel as well. Nothing to worry about I think.

Mine seems a bit smoother now as well.

my lenses were at room temperature & the camera was really cold when delivered (around 30 degrees outside that day) so I’m thinking that the temp difference may have had a small influence on it as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X