XAVC S format

Dear friend.

I am new here and I wanted to ask this....

I bought this card  (  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-128GB-Memory-SF128UX-TQN/dp/B00MCJPSUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1432227716&sr=1-1&keywords=Sony+64GB+SDXC+UHS-3+Class+10+Memory+Card  )

I choosed the XAVC S format but Sony does not let me record. It says that I need a faster card.

What am I doing wrong?    XAVC S format is at 50Mbps and this card can record almost double.

Please any advice would be perfect

Thank you

Does it let you record an alternative codec?

Do you just have the one card or is it a case of not recording to several apparently identical examples?

I use sandisk sdxc 64 extreme pro (uhs1, 10) with no issues.

Try reformatting the card?

I reformat the card.Nothing happened.

Although I am in Europe I switched to NTSC choose 60p, , then choose XAVC S format and still Sony does not let me record. The SD card as I said is the recommended by sony, I thied aslo Sanddisc like your with exactly the same specs ( 64GB extreme pro (uhs1 class 10 ).

STILL NOT RECORDING.

PLEASE HELP

This is beginning to look more like a camera fault. I would contact the supplier.

I had a quick look through all my A7s & A72 menus to see if I could force the error with my card but nothing (I can think of) causes it. Do you have access to an external recorder?

Can't think why this should matter but...

You are formatting the card in camera?

It records stills bursts?

It records other video codecs?

It is an A series camera?!

Have you tried a card you know to be below specification (ie a very basic sdhc card) - do you get the exact same error?

Anyone out there with something more concrete to contribute as I'm speculating.

Tim

funny thing.......the SD that Sony recommend is not working and a Sandisc  Extreme Pro Plus 64 GB  UHI-1 U3 class 10 is working and recording fine the XAVC S format......

Now this funny!!!!!!

Yes I format the card in camera. Camera is Sony A7s, and yes all the other formats are ok with recording....

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm, this is odd. It should work. Can you plug the card into a computer to make sure that it is formated as exFAT and not FAT32? The issue is the file output size. FAT32 has a max file size of 4GB and you could easily end up with a file larger than that with xavc s. with exFAT you don't have that problem.