Two shutter release sounds for every photo!

I am a newbie to the SonyA7rii, which I love. Still learning how to use all of its great features. I have had it for about a month, leanrning but by bit. Today for some reason, for every picture that I take there are two shutter release sounds, and I just cannot figure out why. I have checked all settings. Last night at and after sunset I was doing long exposure work at the coast, in full manual mode. This morning I reset settings back to AF and single shot, yet for every photo I take there are two shutter release sounds. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I don’t know what. Anyone have an idea?

I am a newbie to the SonyA7rii, which I love. Still learning how to use all of its great features. I have had it for about a month, leanrning but by bit. Today for some reason, for every picture that I take there are two shutter release sounds, and I just cannot figure out why. I have checked all settings. Last night at and after sunset I was doing long exposure work at the coast, in full manual mode. This morning I reset settings back to AF and single shot, yet for every photo I take there are two shutter release sounds. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I don’t know what. Anyone have an idea?

Check you have Electronic First Curtain set to on. It was probably on before but isn’t now.

Thanks very much jayteepix, that was indeed the issue. I had set it to off because Sony recommends that you do so with third party lenses, and I was using one of my Canon lenses. I missed that when I went through the settings.

If anyone has any practical experience with Canon lenses and electronic first curtain on vs off I’d appreciate hearing about that.