Remote shutter release

Hi, can any of you guys recommend a remote shutter release for my A77,the early model . I'm not bothered about being wireless as it's more for landscape work. I've seen some on Ebay for about ten pounds, but I worry about the quality and also damaging the cameras electronics. Any advice welcome, thanks in advance

Roy

Guest Jaf-Photo

The aftermarket wireless remotes work well.

You could also get something like a Hahnel wireless trigger for extended functionality such as time lapse, sound, ir and light triggering.

• 5 weeks later...

The aftermarket wireless remotes work well.

You could also get something like a Hahnel wireless trigger for extended functionality such as time lapse, sound, ir and light triggering.

+1 to the Hahnel. For convenience I have my a7R paired to the Sony PlayMemories app on my iPhone and iPad too. It's handy if you want to rig your camera in an odd position and preview your shots.

I use a Sony RMT-DSLR2 with my A7R and A7Rii.   It is IR, so occasionally I have to work around to get the signal to the front receiver, but I'm never more that 20 feet away, so it works fine, even from behind.    Cheap, small, reliable.   It also works with the silent shutter, which I am told not all of these things will do that.