• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SLai

SLai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I have a bunch of MTS video files which seem to be corrupted (i.e. cant open in VLC or media player, or on my SLT-A58 itself). The filesizes seem large enough, so I guess/hope all the information must be there. They are videos of my wedding ceremony, and I really need them. Any advise on where to start looking for a solution is very welcome. Paid solutions welcome as well, as long as it gets the job done, these videos are extremely important to me.

#2 cws

cws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

Hi.  I've used this program, Video Repair Tool, ( http://grauonline.de...e_id=5#download ) in the past in demo-mode to recover some test files, worked a treat.
It doesn't specifically state it will handle .MTS files... but since they are probably an AVCHD format it would be worth trying it out anyway.
Good luck!

#3 addicted2light

addicted2light

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

Hi, 

if you're on a Mac you can right click the MTS files and choose something along the lines of "show package content". MTS is just a container (a bit like a folder), inside you will find the "normal" video files that you can then drag and drop wherever you prefer.

www.addicted2light.com

www.facebook.com/addicted2light

“You cannot depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus” Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X