Loss of images.

Loss of images.

Hi,

I am new to the site, so, my apologies in advance if I don't follow the correct protocol.

I have a SONY a6000 digital camera, I've had it a couple of years, and it was purchased "USED". It has worked perfectly well, and there have not been any issues at all with it until today, and I'd appreciate any help or advice to overcome my problem.

The problem is, I have attempted to download the images I've taken today, on to my laptop, it downloaded all the images, (137), but in the folder only the first four were viewable, when I attempted to open the others, all I got was an error message, advising that it was unable to open the file, along with the image number type of file, eg DSC04016.jpg We can't open this file.

I have tried opening the images with Microsoft Photos, I've also tried Paint Shop Pro X9, and Nero MediaHome 2017, all with the same result, although the erroe message may differ slightly.

I had the same result when I tried to download them to my wife's laptop.

I tried a replacement memory card, but there was the following message on the screen:-

Image Datacese File Error

Recover?

Required time: 00:00:12

Enter

Cancel

When you select Enter, the screen clears for a moment, then the message above re-appears. Which suggests it isn't a software issue.

I was considering doing a factory reset, and would appreciate it also, if someone would be able to give me step by step instructions on how I would carry this out.

I would really appreciate any help or assistance to rectify my problem, and also, are my images lost forever.

Thanks.

2deebees.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.  I'm surprised you haven't had any responses from some of the experts on here.  I would start with a complete camera reset followed by reformatting your memory card, than taking a bunch of photos and seeing if this fixed your problem.  If not, a call to Sony Customer Service would be in order.  Let us know how it works out.  I'm guessing the images that did not download are lost forever, however there are some programs out there that can recover your images such as Recova and many others.  Do a Google search on "recovering lost images on my camera memory card" and you will get a lot of suggestions.