• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Moritat

Moritat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I have an A6000 which I shoot with old Contax Zeiss and Nikon AIS manual lenses. I was considering the purchase of one of Sony's full frame A7 models. My plan was to rent one of these cameras and check it out, but I have a question. I've been using Fotga brand CY-NEX and Nikon-NEX adapters to use these lenses on my A6000. Can I use these same adapters on a full frame A7* camera without the picture being reduced to crop mode? I'm fairly certain these would work fine, but I wanted to be sure before renting the unit. Thanks in advance for responses.

#2 Username

Username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

`  

If they're just empty tubes with no glass

in them then there will be no problems. 

`

#3 a6k

a6k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

I don't know about the crop issue but you are moving from e mount to a mount so you will need different or additional adapters.

#4 Username

Username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

`   

OP makes no mention of A-mount.

No additional adapters are needed.  

`

#5 addicted2light

addicted2light

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

No new adapters needed, like Username already correctly pointed out, and Contax-Yashica and Nikon glass will work wonderfully on the full frame bodies (I use both brands on the original A7r, and assuming you haven't got a lemon in the first place, these "old" lenses are super sharp)

www.addicted2light.com

www.facebook.com/addicted2light

“You cannot depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus” Mark Twain

#6 Cheatah

Cheatah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

I am using adaptors for a quite number of my C/Y Zeiss and other glasses, and for some medium format glasses on my A7 and A6000, but because of the weight, I have replace the flimsy Sony bayonet rings with more stable rings from Fotodiox.Everything works fine now!

My recommendation, don't buy the very cheap adaptors, buy the better quality! ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users