Amasing what can be done

kenneth

http://kroutchev.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/miroslav-tichy-1926-2011-photographer.html

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest Jaf-Photo

Generally, it's a good idea not to click on links to unknown websites posted in forums. So, it would be nice if your posts had some descriptive, stand-alone content. Like what are you posting and why are you posting it?

Generally, it's a good idea not to click on links to unknown websites posted in forums. So, it would be nice if your posts had some descriptive, stand-alone content. Like what are you posting and why are you posting it?

Sorry, I am not sure what you are asking of me, however, I am more than happy to comply if you would be kind enough to indicate what you require.

Maybe I would have been better offering this resume of Miroslav Tichy's work

http://tichyocean.com/en/artist/tichy

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest Jaf-Photo

This is better, now I can google the dude and find out what he's about. I just post differently. I'll make a statement, an observation or ask a question. Then I would perhaps offer a link as an example or further reading.

Only posting a link, without any context, is confusing to me and a surefire way to make sure I don't click on the link.

Tichy seems to have been one of the lone wolf photographers, a tradition that began with Eugene Atget and the most famous of which is Vivian Maier.

Personally, I find it very unsettling that he only took surreptitious photos of women. There's a fine line between candid street photography and stalking. From what I gather Tichy didn't bother to stay on the right side of that line.

@Jaf. Thanks for the intervention. 

As you're aware I read your posts, but on 

about the 1st day Kenneth showed up I'd 

already put him in my ignore file as just a 

spammer. Maybe that will change :-) But 

not today ... takes time. Anywho, thanks. 

Interesting, I didn't know that one  could set up an ignore list, is it possible to do so for those who post with proportional spacing as well, and what, in my posting makes you assume that I am a "spammer", whatever that means? I am just like others here, an ordinary guy with 50+ years of photographic background who, for the first time, has entered the murky waters of digital photography. I was hoping to gleam some sort of guidance and knowledge about this and my new a7Rll from those with more experience but it seems that isn't to be from certain quarters. Still I guess if this is how some people massage their egos then so be it.

This is better, now I can google the dude and find out what he's about. I just post differently. I'll make a statement, an observation or ask a question. Then I would perhaps offer a link as an example or further reading.

Only posting a link, without any context, is confusing to me and a surefire way to make sure I don't click on the link.

Tichy seems to have been one of the lone wolf photographers, a tradition that began with Eugene Atget and the most famous of which is Vivian Maier.

Personally, I find it very unsettling that he only took surreptitious photos of women. There's a fine line between candid street photography and stalking. From what I gather Tichy didn't bother to stay on the right side of that line.

You might struggle, he is now dead. And I cannot for the life of me see a link between Miroslav and Vivian Maier and Eugene Atget, perhaps you would be good enough to enlighten us.

On a similar theme, the linked images were taken in and around the 60's during the Folk Revival. Film stock is Kodachrome ll asa 25 and Agfa Dia Direct 50asa with a Pentax S1a 55mm f1.4 Super Takumar. It is interesting to note that these images, now 50 years old still retain the colour rendition that they had when exposed. 

https://goo.gl/photos/bEXLvDKdsymJosEV6

Guest Jaf-Photo

You might struggle, he is now dead. And I cannot for the life of me see a link between Miroslav and Vivian Maier and Eugene Atget, perhaps you would be good enough to enlighten us.

Like I wrote, a lone wolf, who didn't really engage with people but pursued his personal style of photography. Those were just three names that came to mind. I am sure there are more lone wolfs. (Atget is a bit different of course, as he generally avoided photographing people altogether.)

Even if I was a bit blunt, I was mainly trying to help (and to some extent vent a bit of frustration). I do appreciate people with a background in analogue photography, as I trained in analogue myself. So, I am sure some constructive posting would be welcome.

Like I wrote, a lone wolf, who didn't really engage with people but pursued his personal style of photography. Those were just three names that came to mind. I am sure there are more lone wolfs. (Atget is a bit different of course, as he generally avoided photographing people altogether.)

Even if I was a bit blunt, I was mainly trying to help (and to some extent vent a bit of frustration). I do appreciate people with a background in analogue photography, as I trained in analogue myself. So, I am sure some constructive posting would be welcome.

I really appreciate the kind words jaf, I feel quite humbled

Guest Jaf-Photo

I really appreciate the kind words jaf, I feel quite humbled

No worries, mate. People like you, who know the photochemical process, carry very important knowledge. Even if digital has taken the sloshing out of photography, analogue photography requires an intimate knowledge on how light interacts with our technical contraptions, that is still valid and important to preserve.

No worries, mate. People like you, who know the photochemical process, carry very important knowledge. Even if digital has taken the sloshing out of photography, analogue photography requires an intimate knowledge on how light interacts with our technical contraptions, that is still valid and important to preserve.

Interestingly, I am perceived as a spammer? I have no axe to grind with anyone or do I have any commercial interest in any product. I am just a 69 year old trying to get a handle on this new technology, a little eccentric, yes, and at sometime a little outspoken but that is Yorkshire folks for you. I appreciate your comments and value what you say- Regards