Sony a9 Creative Styles

Hi Folks,

My Sony a9 arrives some time today.  I also own a Fuji xt2 and love the classic chrome film simulation on it.  Therein lies my question as I would like to save some time...

I know there are many photographers on this site that own both Fuji and Sony cameras.  Am wondering if any of you have played with the Sony creative styles in Lightroom and found that one of them was close to the Fuji classic chrome simulation?

Thanks for your help,

Doc Wing

I have had the camera now for a few days.  As of now, my fave is Standard -1 contrast, -1 saturation, -1 and sharpening at zero.  I also prefer the AWB setting at A 1 and M1. Upon processing the jpg files I add via a preset clarity 17 and vibrance 17 as Michael Reichman used to suggest.  The files look quite good.

I have tried to match the jpeg  colors with the settings above, which I love by the way, on raw files in Lightroom and can't come close at all.

Hope this helps some of you.

Doc Wing

• 3 weeks later...

After three weeks, I find that, despite my comments before, shooting raw works better.  Surprise!  Surprise!

i also prefer the  white balance setting awb atmospheric as it is warmer and more accurate than the regular awb.

The camera is fast and easily programmable so you rarely need to go the menus.  The eye AF is spectacular; I've been having a great time with it when shooting portraits.

Check out my website's latest posting for a group of photos taken with the Sony a9.

http://www.edsmusings.com

Best,