Exposure Compensation wheel

A minor niggle, but it is very easy to knock the exp comp wheel by accident when carrying the camera only to find that it has altered without doing so on purpose. It is a shame that there is not a lock on this setting wheel so that it would only adjust when needed. A small point but, I would say a valid one

I really enjoy how easy it is to purposely  change exposure with the dial, particularly while looking through the viewfinder.  However whether changed on purpose or by accident, I have learned to ALWAYS glance at the dial before starting to shoot.  I would rather have it loose than locked in place...just my preference.

I really enjoy how easy it is to purposely  change exposure with the dial, particularly while looking through the viewfinder.  However whether changed on purpose or by accident, I have learned to ALWAYS glance at the dial before starting to shoot.  I would rather have it loose than locked in place...just my preference.

I guess when you come from fairly manual rangefinder film cameras, Leica M6, as I do, there is an awful lot going on with this Sony camera, and so much information available through the viewfinder, and the menus? it is almost, information overload, at present but I appreciate I have a lot to learn, that is, providing this 70 year old head can formulate it all?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Old Leica user here as well but i much prefer the aperture compensation dial of my A7s mod to that of my M240 and M8.2 i must say. I feel it less easy to knock off by far and i don't have to use the screen or the viewfinder to check it contrary to Leica's. Works pretty well the same on my Fuji and Panasonic cameras BTW. YMMV.

I painted a bold white mark on the dial at +/- 0   

to make it more visually obvious if it's shifted.  

Just one of several white, red and yellow dots 

painted on my gear. It may not be as elegant  

as other solutions, but it beats writing lengthy 

blogs complaining about how gear designers 

are failing to consult me or read my mind ;-) 

Not referring to Kenneth, just generalizing ...