Highly rated with Leica Glass

kenneth

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/diglloyd-a7rii-focus-accuracy-better-than-any-dslr-ive-ever-used-ming-thein-doesnt-like-the-camera/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 5 months later...

I just got my first Sony last night. (A7Rii) I plan to use Leica and Canon FD lenses on my Sony. I tired the Rokinon 12mm, but it is a monster and sending it back. While I like a lot about the Sony A7Rii, I'd prefer it if it did not have a viewfinder on top and did not have the big grip. I prefer to carry my cam by the lens and not the grip. I generally only use wide angles and normal lenses. Also wish it had a shutter speed dial and not program dial - I just shoot manual, unless it is with a camera that can't be adjusted easily then I keep it on the dummy setting..

My current cameras are Leica rangefinders and the Fuji X-E1 and I still shoot them. I shoot manual and in dim light and the AF wont work on the current crop of cameras out there. (Although I've never tried Sony glass.) In any case, the Sony lenses are dummied down, no manual controls, aperture ring or zone focus markings, so they are not for me.

Diglloyd is a landscaper, I do street and social doc work in poor light, these are 2 different areas. Well, will see how it goes with the Sony. It is a very impressive camera and am excited about trying something new.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my first Sony last night. (A7Rii) I plan to use Leica and Canon FD lenses on my Sony. I tired the Rokinon 12mm, but it is a monster and sending it back. While I like a lot about the Sony A7Rii, I'd prefer it if it did not have a viewfinder on top and did not have the big grip. I prefer to carry my cam by the lens and not the grip. I generally only use wide angles and normal lenses. Also wish it had a shutter speed dial and not program dial - I just shoot manual, unless it is with a camera that can't be adjusted easily then I keep it on the dummy setting..

My current cameras are Leica rangefinders and the Fuji X-E1 and I still shoot them. I shoot manual and in dim light and the AF wont work on the current crop of cameras out there. (Although I've never tried Sony glass.) In any case, the Sony lenses are dummied down, no manual controls, aperture ring or zone focus markings, so they are not for me.

Diglloyd is a landscaper, I do street and social doc work in poor light, these are 2 different areas. Well, will see how it goes with the Sony. It is a very impressive camera and am excited about trying something new.

I'm mostly manual but have a couple of sony AF lenses (20mm/2.8 and the bundle zoom), both do AF quite well untill it's pretty dark as no full moon dark. With my manual lenses I prefer A mode as it's most convinient for me to preset the aperture. With a6300 there's no problem to pick a ISO high enough to have adequate shutter speeds. Adapted lenses from Minolta SR and Nikon fits..