2 images recored with one shutter actuation

I am having a strange situation occur while using a Godox flash mounted in the hotshoe of my A6000. I frequently have 2 images recorded with just one shutter actuation. The 2nd image is always cropped, and most times it is rotated. See the attachments. I shoot sports and it has never happened without the flash attached. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the current firmware installed.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It seems to me more of a bug in flash function creating this problem. This is why sometimes manufacturers inform us to use same brand accessories....

Do you have the ability or chance to try a sony flash for a few days to see if the same thing happens?

Last saturday I shoot 1300 pictures (during sport event) and more then 100 pictures has 2 images recorded.
Camera: A6000

Flash: Nissin
Anyone an explanation from what happens ?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest Jaf-Photo

Last saturday I shoot 1300 pictures (during sport event) and more then 100 pictures has 2 images recorded.

Camera: A6000

Flash: Nissin

Anyone an explanation from what happens ?

There's no movement trail between the two exposures, so it won't be an ambient exposure. Plus one exposure is faint and the other correct. My guess is that the camera is picking up the preflash somehow. No idea how or why because it never happened to me. I use a Nissin i40 on A6000.

My standard advice when a flash acts up is to reset both the camera and the flash. More often than not that cures it.