Kamlan 50mm F1.1 APS-C

kadett

• 1 month later...

Hello, I found very interesting lens. Its Kamlan 50mm F1.1 APS-C just for 170USD. Anyone tried it or what do you think about it? Is it worth its price or not? Thanks a lot

https://www.sainsonic.com/kamlan-50mm-f1-1-aps-c-large-aperture-manual-focus-lens-standard-prime-lens-for-canon-eos-m-mount-mirrorless-camera.html

61R0pczGtYL._SY355_.jpg20170516014706ef7508043505f25135c2b9ed67

I think it's worth the money. Here is a video review for the lens by Christopher Frost Photography (with sample images):

• 1 month later...

I am using this lens since a couple of weeks, and I am very pleased with it. The lens is very solid and precisely made out of metal, the f/stop ring doesn't clicks but is very well damped.  The "12" blades of the diagram are very round and work smoothly. Of Course, is the lens at f/1.1 soft and is not perfect, but the center ist quite sharp!  Other much more expensive high speed lenses, are I guess, not better fully open!    ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Autumn time is pumkin time!

All Image with f/8 with the KamLan 1.1/50mm lens!

Attached are an few Images all made fully open with f/1.1 !   

• 4 weeks later...

Early Sunday morning walk with this lens!  All images shot with f/8!

The reason for having this lens is to use at large apertures.   The F8 images are lovely, but show us what the lens can do at 1.1, close up objects so depth of field, bokeh, etc can be evaluated.

On a sunny day there is almost no chance to use the lens wide open unless using ND or POL filters, because 1/4000s is not fast enough on the A6000 series!  Sir, if you take look at my previous images of the church sculptures, they are shot with f/1.1 wide open

On a sunny day there is almost no chance to use the lens wide open unless using ND or POL filters, because 1/4000s is not fast enough on the A6000 series!  Sir, if you take look at my previous images of the church sculptures, they are shot with f/1.1 wide open

You miss my point...you can purchase lots of 50mm lenses that will give wonderful results at f8  for $50 to $200.  What makes this lens special is it is 1.1.  This allows you to isolate close objects or shoot under very poor light conditions.   Shooting statues at 1.1 at a distance of what looks like maybe 15 feet? doesn't tell anything except the lens is a bit soft in the center.  You cannot tell that those photos were taken at 1.1.  However if you take an object two feet away at 1.1 we would get some idea of the out of focus blur, bokeh, and isolation capable by this lens.  My Minolta 50mm MD Rokkor is a wonderful manual focus lens, costs about $50, and can duplicate what you have shown us.  But it can't work at 1.1 and that is why your lens is of interest.  Show us what it can do, but not statues against a wall.

• 1 month later...

You miss my point...you can purchase lots of 50mm lenses that will give wonderful results at f8  for $50 to $200.  What makes this lens special is it is 1.1.  This allows you to isolate close objects or shoot under very poor light conditions.   Shooting statues at 1.1 at a distance of what looks like maybe 15 feet? doesn't tell anything except the lens is a bit soft in the center.  You cannot tell that those photos were taken at 1.1.  However if you take an object two feet away at 1.1 we would get some idea of the out of focus blur, bokeh, and isolation capable by this lens.  My Minolta 50mm MD Rokkor is a wonderful manual focus lens, costs about $50, and can duplicate what you have shown us.  But it can't work at 1.1 and that is why your lens is of interest.  Show us what it can do, but not statues against a wall.

The lens was also rated as "King of Bokeh"!