Good morning, i am writing with frustration in my eyes and fingers i need your help. I recently got the Sony A7R and for the life of me i cant seem to get it pass the flash sync speed of 60. I want to know if it is default to that speed or there is something in body that i can fix to get rid of it.  Was on a photographers link up and i used my Nikon version of the Godox trigger and it fired each time and i am sure i was over 60, All Lights used was the Godox AD600.  Now i am trying again and its not working, i want to know if there is a setting that i can change inbody to move the shutter from default 60 to atleast 1/160 i am also trying HSS and its not working and i know my Godox have that capability as i used it all the time with my Nikon D750.  Dont want to be buying different flashes and triggers all the time as i have the YN flash and Triggers too suited for my Nikon. So is it a case where as i need to get the Sony Version of the AD600 trigger as my friend suggested then i can do that or i can just use a filter instead to get the results that i need, even tho i will be shooting action soon & will need that HSS Capability.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. 1/60 seems the faster flash sync speed in my Sony 7RII with both the in-flash or a bigger flash mounted on the shoes. I set the "S" mode with using times like 1/250 but as soon as I pressed half way the release button the time decreased immediately to 1/60. Flash was set on TTL. In slow sync mode I can use faster speed times up to 500 without any problem.

Guest Jaf-Photo

I used to shoot portraits with my A7R at 1/250 with a wireless trigger for Canon. (I brought it down to 1/200 because it would occasionally catch the shutter closing on the higher sync speed.) I've only used HSS on flashes made for Sony, so I don't know what happens on cross-brand use.

High speed Sync is for speeds in the 1/8000 sec area. There is are some controllers ( forget the term ) that is able to get this speed you are looking for from earlier flash units. However that does not allow TTL functions, and you would have to calculate based on the shutter speed and aperture.

There are apparently flash units with radio that is able to use the sync for SONY cameras. However the number is limited

• 3 years later...