Crimson Bond | Old Shots Remastered Sony A300 + Tamron SP90 F2.8

Jesse Lim

My first ever DSLR is a Sony A300 and the Tamron SP90 macro lens and this pictures pretty much brings back all the nostalgic moments~=)

Shots taken with my trusty old Sony A300 with the Tamron SP90 F2.8 Macro, natural lighting. PP: Sony IDC, Adobe Fireworks.

Feel free to comment~

This is my first post in SA forum, so apologies for the bad image compression due to upload file size limits~=P

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Cheers Jesse very sensual images with an interesting contrast of textures and colours.

Hope you keep posting more images.

Haha, thank you~ glad you like them. I was doing a little spring cleaning on my external drive when I stumbled upon some old RAW files I shot during college time and I found these and so I say why not re-edit some of them & gave them a second life and I'm kinda pleased with the result~=)

Nice pictures!

I'm not surprised to see that, I've got an A700 (older than the A300) and an A200 (same release date, weaker sensor. Here are a couple of shots, one of each. The one of the buildings in London was taken earlier this year with the kit lens on the A200.

It's amazing the kind of quality pictures that we can take nowadays even with old gear!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well the more images members post here, the more vibrancy and interest it will generate, and thus the conversation too.

Which makes it more interesting engaging and inspiring for everyone, win win.

Yes~!!! it is all about the conversation from the photos we all shared~ Good conversation starter and really gives everyone a whole new point of view from what we used to see~=D

A very brilliant demonstration that talent matters more than camera !

Can we have a link to see more of your work ?

Thank you very much~ =D I remember years ago I need to utilized what I had when I only have the Tamron SP90 macro on the A300 (end up as 135mm).

It is very challenging for me to frame wide portrait shots but I guess the process taught me how to utilized what you have at the moment and get the most out of your gear~ Fun process to be frank~

I used to post stuff on DeviantArt http://codeslacker.deviantart.com/ but only recently I started updating it. And I have my website which I havnen't update for ages http://www.miria.my/ .Of course I post most of my work on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/Jesse.LimJiaNian which you can check it out but I guess facebook compressed most of the older shots into a mess.

Anyways , I will try to post some of my work later in this forum~=)

Nice pictures!

I'm not surprised to see that, I've got an A700 (older than the A300) and an A200 (same release date, weaker sensor. Here are a couple of shots, one of each. The one of the buildings in London was taken earlier this year with the kit lens on the A200.

It's amazing the kind of quality pictures that we can take nowadays even with old gear!

Thank you~ =) and nice shots you got there, reminds me of the good old Alpha era~

I missed my A300 as it was now KIA (shutter issue I guess) and I'm planning to revive it because I really missed the color and feel from the CCD bodies. Colors really seems more pop and feels more organic than most CMOS (haven't got my hands on the latest A7 series though)

And yup, the pre-SLT Alphas really still holds up very well compared to newer gears these days and I'm amazed every time when seeing people are still enjoying them till this day~! Cheer~ =)

Nice!

A300, A200, etc had around 10mp sensors. They have 2.68mp/cm2 pixel density. About the same density as the 24mp FF A7ii and A99 sensors at 2.8mp/cm2. You lose some resolution from the larger enlargement required from APS-C sensors, but as you've demonstrated, it often makes no difference.

Amazing how the price of older bodies falls. An A300 in excellent+ condition is available from KEH for $144. Makes those older bodies great values, but we get GAS and the older stuff sits in the corner. http://www.keh.com/247912/sony-a300-black-digital-camera-body-10-2-m-p

Good on you Jesse, your an artist. ;)

Way to go.

Art comes first, Ive been the same, sometimes limited to owning only 1 camera and 1 lens and forcing yourself to learn to get the most from it.

Cheers bro~ We're all artist when we care more on the shots we're making rather than the gears.

A pro photographer (who is also a hair stylist) once told me there are 2 types of photographer, "The one plays with the light, and the one plays with the gears. so which one are you" he asked me~ Now that's inspiring~

Nice! A300, A200, etc had around 10mp sensors. They have 2.68mp/cm2 pixel density. About the same density as the 24mp FF A7ii and A99 sensors at 2.8mp/cm2. You lose some resolution from the larger enlargement required from APS-C sensors, but as you've demonstrated, it often makes no difference. Amazing how the price of older bodies falls. An A300 in excellent+ condition is available from KEH for $144. Makes those older bodies great values, but we get GAS and the older stuff sits in the corner. http://www.keh.com/247912/sony-a300-black-digital-camera-body-10-2-m-p

Wow, I didn't know that~!!! Now that's very informative maths over there~XD But the APS-C vs FF debate will never flame out any time soon

Can't believe you still can find an A300 in good condition, well you just gimme the GAS to get those A300 while stock last~

Cheers bro~ We're all artist when we care more on the shots we're making rather than the gears.

A pro photographer (who is also a hair stylist) once told me there are 2 types of photographer, "The one plays with the light, and the one plays with the gears. so which one are you" he asked me~ Now that's inspiring~

Nothing says you can't do both. Understanding the gear helps us capture the light.

• 4 months later...