stripes pattern showing in picture

hello, anyone can help me understand what problem I am facing now?

I am happy with a7r2 for almost year, but just found some weird stripe patterns starting to show up in pictures, many picture, similar location, weird, I checked dust, looks like some dusts on the lens and sensor but I didn't bother to clean them cuz my dust blower ordered just delivered to office and i haven't picked it up.

do you guys think this is sensor issue or dust issue? i don't see the long thread straight dusts laying on sensor though

to allow you guys understand more the stripe patterns, I adjust the color contrast and intensity so the problem is more vivid

Thanks for the hints

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Why upload junky SCREENSHOTS for us to judge? Not the best way for people to diagnose the problems. The lower pic shows banding on the left in the sky but that's due to screenshot issues of what the monitor displays.

Guest Jaf-Photo

The pictures are processed with a lot of dynamic contrast (halos give it away) and saturation. That will amplify things like dust spots (visible) and banding/posterization created by other forms of over-processing.

Sony mirrorless sensors do produce a very faint banding, which is possible to either reduce or amplify when processing. (I believe the banding is related to the OSPDAF.

It may help if you post 100% crops of an affected area, one unadjusted from raw and one of the final processed version.

On a personal, note I think you should dial down the processing. Dig up some classic photographs and study the levels of contrast and saturation. Try to duplicate it. As you like colour, I would suggest getting Steve McCurry's work. Very vibrant colours, still looking natural.

In general, work more with the curves. That will give you pop without creating unsightly edge effects. Only use sliders like contrast and presence sparingly to complement what you did with the curves. If you increase saturation, pull back on vibrance, and vice versa.

With the current level of over-processing you're not really making use of the A7R2.

The pictures are processed with a lot of dynamic contrast (halos give it away) and saturation. That will amplify things like dust spots (visible) and banding/posterization created by other forms of over-processing.

Sony mirrorless sensors do produce a very faint banding, which is possible to either reduce or amplify when processing. (I believe the banding is related to the OSPDAF.

It may help if you post 100% crops of an affected area, one unadjusted from raw and one of the final processed version.

On a personal, note I think you should dial down the processing. Dig up some classic photographs and study the levels of contrast and saturation. Try to duplicate it. As you like colour, I would suggest getting Steve McCurry's work. Very vibrant colours, still looking natural.

In general, work more with the curves. That will give you pop without creating unsightly edge effects. Only use sliders like contrast and presence sparingly to complement what you did with the curves. If you increase saturation, pull back on vibrance, and vice versa.

With the current level of over-processing you're not really making use of the A7R2.

Not fair to critique his images when he says, in the op, that he over processed to amplify the problem.    I would like to see the images as he would like them and see how apparent this problem is.

Guest Jaf-Photo

Like I said, I would prefer to see a 100% crop from unadjusted raw. Now, the only problem I see is the processing.

Not fair to critique his images when he says, in the op, that he over processed to amplify the problem.    I would like to see the images as he would like them and see how apparent this problem is.