Sony A7II + Metabones IV + Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 - Anyone with experience?

Hey,

I am currently using a Sony A7II with an LA-EA4 adapter and various A-mount lenses. My most used lens so far is probably the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 A-mount lens, which I find to be amazingly good value and having an incredibly convenient weight/size for what it is. I am currently in the process - for good or bad, I am not sure yet - of changing to EF-mount lenses, mainly because of cheaper long glass and better resale value.

I have just ordered the Metabones Mark IV T adapter., but can not seem to find any reliable and up-to-date information on whether the EF-mount version of the Tamron 28-75/2.8 works together with the Metabones IV adapter. I seem to remember some reports of the built-in focus motor in the Canon version of the lens resulting in a worse experience than the A-mount screw drive version together with LA-EA4.

If anyone has any recent experience with a Sony A7II (or A7RII, I guess) + Metabones IV with the latest firmware and the EF mount Tamron 28-75, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I am also happy to take suggestions for other normal zooms I should be looking at, although nothing seems to come close to the weight/size of the Tamron for a normal f/2.8 zoom (510g). The more modern Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC is a whopping 825g in comparison. So far the best compromise I have come up with - in case the EF-mount Tamron 28-75 is not viable - is the Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS at 670g, but then I would be giving up the f/2.8 aperture...

Thankful for any advice!

Good luck finding a few respondents that have the exact

experience to offer you good advice ! FWIW, despite the 

dozen or so Canon lenses on hand, I use those only on 

Canons and happily continue using screw drive A-mount 

lenses on E/FE bodies via Sony's OEM adapters. Every 

nightmare scenario posted here concerning compatibility 

problems adapting Canon lenses to E/FE bodies leaves 

me loving my A-mount lenses all the more. 

If you actually get the exact experienced advice you seek,

congratulations. But if you widen your research to cover a  

general overview of using Canon lenses on Sony bodies,

maybe you'll cherish your A-mount stuff as much as I do !