A7II defaults to MF on startup

I'm using the AEL button to back focus on my A7II and the AF/MF set as AF/MF toggle. To me this is easier than going through the function button to switch from AF to MF which I seem to use a lot. I like to keep the camera in AF mode unless I choose to have it in MF. My question is this though, when I power up the camera, it defaults to MF. Is there a way to have it default to AF when starting and still keep these custom key settings? As it is now, every time I turn the camera on I have to switch it to AF and that's not going to work. Thanks. 

I have a a6000 and had a similar thing like this. Try setting the camera to AF in the fn menu and then restarting the camera. For me the camera didn't remember if I set it to MF with the toggle but instead reverted back to what I set it to in the fn menu.

Thanks yali! It seems that the camera does remember what was set in the fn menu. I must have had it set to MF while that was happening. Setting it to AF in the fn menu allows it to work the way I intended.