Sony a6300 and Rhinoslider

Hi all, a quick question about this combo.

Recently received the rhino slider with arc unit for panning timelapses, but have run into a problem. I've been using an external battery to help with the a6300's battery life, especially during long timelapses, and the Sony timelapse app, but using the app results in jerky movements in the timelapse. I initially thought it was the rhino unit that was faulty, but they sent me a shutter release cable that means shots are triggered directly by the slider control and all now works well. As much as I love the Sony timelapse app I've always suspected it to be a bit twitchy.

Anyway, of course the shutter release runs through the micro USB port so I can't use the external battery and am therefore stuck with limited battery life. Any suggestions on how I can power the camera for longer without going through the USB port?

I've seen the depressing lack of battery grips and even those that are out there seem to go through the USB. Any dummy batteries that can run off an external power bank?

Cheers!

I use an external battery tray/plate for a Sony NP 970 battery along with a dummy battery that comes in a set with an AC adaptor. The USB port is not used for this. I can shoot video for a LONG time using this. I imagine you would be able to timelapse for a very, very long time. I use a ball mount to hot shoe mount the battery tray, however you could mount the tray off camera and use the dummy battery's long power cable to connect. 

Links:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006733DB2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0083EQS3I/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item

You'll need a Sony NP F970 battery...a knock off like Wasabi Power should be fine.

Hope that helps!