Blue stained white Tulip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_all8_*

Guest_all8_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Good morning.

A7ii + Milvus 2/50 @ f8 + HSS Flash mounted on the camera, adjusted to left position with diffuser deployed (a Sony F43M) + Greycard.

PP, a quick ... exposure, black and white point, some highlight purity, dash of saturation and vibrance (no visible effect), vignette, sunshine, blue and dynamic contrast. All in very minor strength.

[attachment=4968:DSC03729 copy.jpg]

I might try again later and mask a little, to raise the shadows a bit more precisely (and compensate for the flash location).

#2 Colorado

Colorado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Your DOF seems to be much shallower then F8 would indicate.

#3 Guest_all8_*

Guest_all8_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Its f8 for sure, the subject distance is ... well I guess around 30cm ... its a _very_ narrow DOF with this lens. Not sure if that is normal? Although focus in on the very front of the left petal, so some DOF is in-front of the flower ....

A very nice lens, interesting experience So far I've not noticed any CA at all in the out of focus areas, regardless of aperture, which is quite a bit different than how the Loxia 50mm behaves when used wide open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X