cross-brand flash with Godox X1 system

Hi,
  I'm coming from a professional Nikon's system to try Sony A7rII.

I'm more or less satisfied of performance of my A7rII with lens adapter (commlite). I'll maintain double brand for a while, because A7rII autofocus can't challenge with nikon's speed and low light performance (I hope on A7 third series.. otherwise I will not switch to sony).

Sometime I use remote flashes to have some backlight effect, with Yongnuo YN622 triggers and my nikon SB910s.

I would like to trigger my nikon flashes also with the A7rII, I can do with my old RF-603 modified for sony. But with that solution I cant modify the power of flash from the trigger like with YN622 on nikon (I have no interest to use TTL, manual regulation are great)

Have anybody tried to use crossbrand flashes with Godox X1 system?
My intent is to buy one X1t-S, and two X1r-N to trigger nikon flashes with my sony and regulate power settings from transmitter.

Can it work?

Thanks

Hi tinplater, thanks for your interest.
My think is that mirrorless system is the future, and actually sony seem to be the one that can challenge with most advanced full frame dslr system. In this view, I'm looking for a first contact with this sistem and use it on advanced reportage services to look real potentiality. Reactivity and AF performance are the cons point of A7rII, I well know that point but I should taste how good is sony's universe before invest on new cameras are coming from nikon (D750/810 successors), or on new cameras are coming from somy (A7 III series).
This is my invest on my future gear.

About "native is best", I do not feel like hearing it yet: I've buyed and selled the "spectacular" compact 35mm 2.8... I don't like how sony AF work with native lens, it's illogical and never ready for action.
I'm sure that native sony flash on A7rII have best performance (like original nikon flashes have best performance on nikon's cameras), but I have no interest for that.

But that is an off topic, I don't need any automation from remote flash. I'm looking for only ability to control power in manual from trasmitter to flashes that I have.

• 2 months later...

"Have anybody tried to use crossbrand flashes with Godox X1 system?

My intent is to buy one X1t-S, and two X1r-N to trigger nikon flashes with my sony and regulate power settings from transmitter."

Try the Neewer NWW400s AND/OR NW880s (stands for sony)...they will sync with ar7ii at 1/8000 (hhs) and ttl or manual modes and

fired with radio signal from the neewer n1 t 2.4g s...the shoe will fit the sony...the documentation on the flashes is understandable and there are many good videos on you tube

It is the same as Godox brand. Only flash complaint is the AA batteries don't last long. They now offer a lithium which would be worth it. 

here is a similar answer from another member here,"I was shooting with my Godox flash off camera today and was thinking about your problem.

What ebouwens said; Fill or WL will work.

I’m posting the below assuming you’re using an R2 Transmitter/X1T to trigger your remote flash(es). If you’re using one flash in master controller mode to trigger another then the following won’t apply.

After reviewing the manual, The V860II has basically all the same functions as the TT685 speedlite. Only real difference is that theV860II uses a Lithium-ion battery and the TT685 uses AA batteries. I have the TT685 but the following is equally applicable to the V680II.

Thinking back to my difficulties getting my Godox X1T and TT685 flash communicating properly I thought I’d post the “basic” steps you need to take to get things going in case you need to double check what you’ve tried so far.

1) Put your R2 Transmitter/X1T on your A7;

2) Turn it on and set channel to 1 (or what ever you like);

3) Set Group A to TTL or M and turn on your A7;

4) Turn on your flash(es);

5) Press the button on the back right that looks like an elongated “z” with arrows until the flash display screen is orange with an antenna icon on it. This is the 2.4GHz wireless slave mode you’re looking for.

While you are pushing the “z” button your screen will alternate between green and orange. FYI, the other orange screen is “optical” slave mode;

6) Confirm that the Group and Channel on the flash(es) match the ones set on the R2/X1T transmitter;

7) Press the Test button on the R2/X1T transmitter and your flash(es) should fire.

Assuming your flash fired, you should see the flash reflects your settings on the R2/X1T transmitter (TTL or M and what ever power level you selected).

A few other notes if you are using High Speed Synch (HSS) if you’re new to the FlashPoint/Godox system on your A7…

There is nothing special you need to do to activate HSS, just increase your shutter speed past 1/250.

If you experience synchronization issues or banding in your images, turn off electronic first curtain in the camera menu.

While Fill and WL will work in HSS, Rear Sync flash mode won’t work which makes sense if you think about how HSS works.

Hope this helps,"