Travel in Sept. Buy now or wait for updated model?

I am taking a (most likely) once in a lifetime trip to Ireland for 2 weeks starting Sept. 1. I have narrowed down my search for a suitable camera to the Sony A6000. I am by no means a photographer, but I expect to be able to buy something with enough time before my trip to learn how to use it. I am struggling with whether or not I should buy the Sony A6000 now so I have plenty of time to play with it, or wait until its replacement is likely to be announced. However, if I wait for the announcement it could still be several months before the new one is available to purchase. This may leave me with little to no time to get comfortable using the camera. 

Does anyone have thoughts on my situation? Any ideas of the time to market for Sony after they make an announcement of a new or updated product?

Hey Greg!

In my opinion there is no point for you to wait for a model that has not even been announced and only appears in some wild rumors.

As you said - even after announcement if will take at least a month before the camera ships.

Especially when you are an unexperienced photographer there is so much to learn that the a6000 will surely not limit you in your trip at the end of this year!

Rather buy it now and start to use it, learn new techniques, maybe think about which additional equipment will help you take better photos on your trip.

Additionally the a6000 will be cheaper than any newly introduced camera and you'd rather invest in another lens or so. Even the Nex-6 is still an excellent camera if the budget is an issue.

Best,

Dennis