Sigma MC-11 and ? Native E mount lenses

I wonder if Sigma, since it makes an adapter to fit their (and some Canon mount) lenses on E mount cameras, are they planning to offer their excellent art lenses in an e mount at some point?  From a business standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to make the native lenses in Sony format rather than offer a $250 adapter to accomplish the same thing?

Sigma have questioned about this very thing, and all they say is we will support Sony E mount in the future, it doesn't make sense why they don't support E mount now! I have had to buy the MC 11 adapter so I can use Canon and Sigma canon fit lenses it works well but I would sooner have a Sigma built Sony E mount lens,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigma have questioned about this very thing, and all they say is we will support Sony E mount in the future, it doesn't make sense why they don't support E mount now! I have had to buy the MC 11 adapter so I can use Canon and Sigma canon fit lenses it works well but I would sooner have a Sigma built Sony E mount lens,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be very interested in the new, not yet available 135mm 1.8.  I wonder if Sigma or Canon mount behave differently with the MC-11 adapter?  If you were to choose Sigma or Canon would there be a preference?  I suspect might be easier to resell the Canon mount version as opposed to the Sigma?

With my luck, if I purchase the $250  MC-11 adapter and the $1400 135mm in either Canon or Sigma mount, Sigma will then immediately come out with a native version of the lens in Sony E mount.  My suspicion is there is a very hopeful contingent of Sony FE users waiting for Sigma to release there excellent lenses in this mount, substantially below the equivalent Sony/Zeiss in cost.

The existence of the adapter would suggest no native E-mount for some time.

At the very least get the Canon mount and matching adapter. Then,  _if_ they ever release an E-mount you can at least have a reasonable second hand market to sell the gear into. That's my reasoning, I've ordered the adapter to try with a Milvus lens - Canon mount.

The existence of the adapter would suggest no native E-mount for some time.

At the very least get the Canon mount and matching adapter. Then,  _if_ they ever release an E-mount you can at least have a reasonable second hand market to sell the gear into. That's my reasoning, I've ordered the adapter to try with a Milvus lens - Canon mount.

That would be my strategy as well...

Sigma Australia are very coy about the release date????? of any E mount lenses and I am a little reluctant to go ahead and buy the MC-II adaptor for my Nikon Mount Sigma and Tokina Lenses as I have read that the results are not that great.

I welcome any thoughts.

BTW : my name is Nino and I am new to this forum.