2 replies to this topic

#1 timde

timde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I've been working on turning my panorama photos into a final images. With this one I'm trying the left part of the panorama only, converted to black and white, with the centre of the panorama moved to the "left third" which has the effect of reducing the distortion (caused by the panorama projection) on the left side of the frame.

Shot parameters are A7ii, Batis 25 ISO 100, f8, focus at 6m (3 .. 6 .. Inf shows on the Lens LCD), +0.3 EV.

Processed in On1 RAW, stitched in PT GUI to a JPEG, converted to BW (blue filter) and vignette added in On1 RAW.

DSC03266 Panorama Left V1 copy.jpg

If I decide to keep this one I would probably need to do the BW conversion before stitching to get optimal results. Possibly trying a few styles.

#2 timde

timde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

I've been experimenting with the Panorama projection available in PTGui, after adding one more image to the right ... I think I have a good outcome using the Mercator projection which, as written in the documentation, produces an image with less stretching at the top and bottom. The affect on the image is to make the scale of the mountain on the right closer to the scale of the mountains on the left, essentially balancing the image a little bit better.

The Mercator Projection:

Pano Merc.jpg

#3 timde

timde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

And this is the Cylindrical Projection:

Pano Cyl.jpg

It is hard to see the difference, they are similar, except that the Mercator is slightly stretched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X