Rotkogel

Guest all8

I've been working on turning my panorama photos into a final images. With this one I'm trying the left part of the panorama only, converted to black and white, with the centre of the panorama moved to the "left third" which has the effect of reducing the distortion (caused by the panorama projection) on the left side of the frame.

Shot parameters are A7ii, Batis 25 ISO 100, f8, focus at 6m (3 .. 6 .. Inf shows on the Lens LCD), +0.3 EV.

Processed in On1 RAW, stitched in PT GUI to a JPEG, converted to BW (blue filter) and vignette added in On1 RAW.

If I decide to keep this one I would probably need to do the BW conversion before stitching to get optimal results. Possibly trying a few styles.

I've been experimenting with the Panorama projection available in PTGui, after adding one more image to the right ... I think I have a good outcome using the Mercator projection which, as written in the documentation, produces an image with less stretching at the top and bottom. The affect on the image is to make the scale of the mountain on the right closer to the scale of the mountains on the left, essentially balancing the image a little bit better.

The Mercator Projection:

And this is the Cylindrical Projection:

It is hard to see the difference, they are similar, except that the Mercator is slightly stretched.