A6000 with 5,6/540mm telephoto!

Cheatah

Attached, my first shots with my A6000, with an C/Y Zeiss Sonnar T* 2,8/180mm + Zeiss T* Mutar II = 5,6/540mm telephoto lens! All images are shot hand Held, with f/8, at 1/250 - 1/640  - 1/800s, ISO 100!  The image of the roof dome was shot at an approx. 300m distance, through an mesh wire fence!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

LOL, what a beast that is!

That is actually pretty darn cool.  I want one.  Nice work.  100% manual lens?

The "beast" is an 5,6/360mm on the FF Sony A7x, and an 5,6/540mm on the Sony A6000! It is 100% manual, but with the genius peaking mode, it is quiet easy to focus. Closest distance is 1,4m (!) even with 540mm!  But the hand held use of it, require some "sniper practice"!   ;)  Image stabilization would be nice to have, but I have enough practice, handling such a long telephoto lens without an tripod on normal weather conditons.

I love the name, "mutar" haha, sounds like a cartoon character, yes its actually incredibly satisfying developing a super steady hand for handheld shots i agree.

I tell you what, the ibis in a72 kicks points for this, i hope a6000 mark 2 has it, it can make or break a lowlight still image. Especially with a zoom.

Its surprising how with some practice you can even nail moving objects with a longish zoom sometimes.

Really impressed with clarity and colours, you got some super cool kit there, thanks for posting..

I love the name, "mutar" haha, sounds like a cartoon character, yes its actually incredibly satisfying developing a super steady hand for handheld shots i agree.

I tell you what, the ibis in a72 kicks points for this, i hope a6000 mark 2 has it, it can make or break a lowlight still image. Especially with a zoom.

Its surprising how with some practice you can even nail moving objects with a longish zoom sometimes.

Really impressed with clarity and colours, you got some super cool kit there, thanks for posting..

Since the combo with the A6000 is such an great pleasure to play with, I will shoot more with it, and will try out also the closest distance of 1,4 meter with this 540mm focal length!

All images hand held with the Sony A6000 and 5,6/540mm telephoto combo!

No. 1. 1/800, f/8, ISO 200

No. 2. 1/250, f/8, ISO 100

No. 3. 1/200, f/8, ISO 100

No. 4. 1/400, f/8, ISO 100

No. 1  with 28mm WA

No. 2  1/320s, f/8, ISO 100

No..3  1/500s, f/8  ISO 100

No. 8  1/160s, f/8  ISO 200

No. 9  1/160s, f/8  ISO 200

No. 1    1/800s      f/8    ISO100

No. 2    1/1000s    f/8    ISO100

No. 3    1/320s      f/8    ISO100

No. 4    1/400s      f/8    ISO100

all Images hand held!

• 2 weeks later...

Starling feeding his youngsters! Hand held within an distance of approx. 150 m with the Sony A6000!

• 1 month later...

Hello Cheatah, I'd like to know where you were able to get the "Zeiss branded" hood for the lens including the ring and secondary hood for it? If I am mistaken please help me. I plan however to use this lens on a Sony A7ii full frame with no extender. I really dig the look of it :-)

Hello Cheatah, I'd like to know where you were able to get the "Zeiss branded" hood for the lens including the ring and secondary hood for it? If I am mistaken please help me. I plan however to use this lens on a Sony A7ii full frame with no extender. I really dig the look of it :-)

No problem, it is the all metal CONTAX 72/86 attachement ring with the extra 86mm telephoto shade!  You should be able to find this stuff on Ebay.

I have this stuff and a row of C/Y Zeiss lenses for many years while using an CONTAX RTSIII and CONTAX AX.

I am using the same excellent telephoto lens set 5,6/360mm also sucessfully on my Sony A7!