Does The Sony 55-200mm f/4-5.6 SAM DT Telephoto Zoom Fit The Sony A7?

Omorali

Hello.

I have just purchased the A7 and have the opportunity to buy a used Sony 55-200mm f/4-5.6 SAM DT Telephoto Zoom lens on Amazon.

Problem is that the model compatibility checker responded with this message: We're not sure this item fits your

SONY ALPHA A7.

Can anyone tell me one way or another if lens and camera can be used directly please?

Many thanks.

Hi There re your query the Sony 55-200 SAM DT lens yes this lens will fit the a7 but bear in mind that the a7 is a full frame camera and the lens is for APSC crop sensor Sony cameras like the alpha 5000 and 6000 series of camera, to use it correctly on the A7 you will have to go into the menu system on the A7 and tell it to use APSC crop factor lenses, then the camera will auto correct for the crop factor of the lens Ok , and I know this to be correct as I use the 55-200 on my Sony A7 MK 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beware the LA-EA3 will only AF with SSM/SAM/HSM lenses and some combinations will be very slow focusing

With LA-EA4, all A-Mount lenses should work but you will lose the AF assist light if you intend to shoot in low light