• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marcusgrip

marcusgrip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi everyone!

I've had the A6300 now since September, switching from Canon 70D. Something I have really experienced is how slow it is. Starting up takes several seconds and switching from my custom modes or to other modes, like manual to shutter priority seems quite slow. I've noticed it's slower after filming a lot so I guess that has to do with the buffer but it's still surprisingly slow, even when I haven't filmed and switching.

Is this just how it is, a bit slower because of all Sony stuffed in it or how are your experiences? Also, sometimes with like focusing or waking up from sleep mode if I haven't used it for more than 10 seconds seem a bit slow too. It's like the "brain" can't keep up.

Thanks for all help and advice!

#2 Daytona Charlie

Daytona Charlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

I have had the same problem and was hoping that someone would have some input on the reason why or how to correct this issue.

#3 Pieter Batenburg

Pieter Batenburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

Which firmware version are you on?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T520 met Tapatalk

Happy shooting,

Pieter

Sony A77, Sony 16-50/2,8HVL-F42AM  Sigma 70 / F2,8, Tamron 70-300/F4,5-5,6 vc usd
Tamron 70-300 usd, Sony 16-50/F2,8,Sigma 18-250,
A6300, Sony 18-200/f3.5-6.3VC,Sigma 19/2,8, Sony 50/1,8, Sony 35/1,8, Samyang 12/f2, Sony 30/F3,5 macro

#4 Barakamera

Barakamera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

I have the very same problem.

My (very new, 3 weeks old) Sony a6300 takes 3-4 seconds to turn on and about 1.5 seconds to turn off! 

When the camera was in EVF mode when shut down (I cancelled the EVF/LCD auto-switching), turning it on again starts the LCD monitor, and after some time switches back to the EVF...

I have firmware version 1.10

3-4 seconds startup time is completely unacceptable! Sony must do something about it because many shots are going to get lost.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: a6300, slow, issue, problem, delay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X