A6100

@bryangoff I'm aware of the solution but I'm not experiencing the flash triggering problem that your link refers to. I currently use a Yongnuo 560II mounted on a Sony ADP-MAA adapter_no problem! I mentioned in-body RF flash triggering as a possible feature for a new A6100 because it would simplify matters if Sony's e-mount/A-mount bodies could do this.

Of course it would be highly desirable to match that capability with new Sony flashes featuring built-in RF receivers. Sony could also offer a separate RF controller to use on current bodies that lack built-in RF triggers.

I'm thinking about upgrading from my NEX 6. What will tempt me most are things that will most obviously improve image quality or help me to get better pictures. A good IBIS system is highest up my list of hoped for features. I find I quickly get used to the control features on any new camera, warts and all, so things like improved menus, control wheels and so on aren't particularly important to me. I also love the small size and weight of my NEX 6 so if the A6100 is bigger and/or heavier that might cause me to stick with what I have. That's why I haven't gone for any of the A7s even though I am attracted by the full frame sensors.

I'm interested in seeing what they come up with. I've been waiting for a camera to replace my NEX 5N for a couple of years but nothing they've brought out in that time really fits the bill for me: the NEX 6 was nice and the A6000 was nearly what I was after, but if there's no touchscreen I'm not interested. It's become a fundamental element of the way I shoot with manual focus lenses. I'd love to have the autofocus speed of a more recent body, but the image quality of the NEX 5N is still fine by today's standards and the body is tiny, even with the extra EVF on top. If Sony continue to choose not to include a touchscreen on their mid-to-high range APS-C bodies then I'll happily keep shooting with the 5N until it stops working.

I'm interested in seeing what they come up with. I've been waiting for a camera to replace my NEX 5N for a couple of years but nothing they've brought out in that time really fits the bill for me: the NEX 6 was nice and the A6000 was nearly what I was after, but if there's no touchscreen I'm not interested. It's become a fundamental element of the way I shoot with manual focus lenses. I'd love to have the autofocus speed of a more recent body, but the image quality of the NEX 5N is still fine by today's standards and the body is tiny, even with the extra EVF on top. If Sony continue to choose not to include a touchscreen on their mid-to-high range APS-C bodies then I'll happily keep shooting with the 5N until it stops working.

It's funny that you mentioned the touchscreen option.  I've had an Olympus E-M5 since launch 2 years ago and to this day, I rarely use the touchscreen.  Then again, most of my controls are mapped to 3 dials and I only need to menu dive to change my AF settings or ISO which takes 2 seconds.  Since all the competitors have touchscreens now, I'm pretty sure Sony will follow suit.  However, I don't think its a huge deal if they don't.   The E-M5 has 5 axis IBIS as well which a great for handholding.  Hopefully a new a7000 will have it as well.  Sony's only competitor for sub-$1000 compact system market with PDAF and CDAF is the Nikon J5.  All of the Nikon 1 series have awesome movement tracking that's been virtually unbeatable in the sub-$1000 market.  (I used to own a J1 which I used extensively for U10-U11 soccer).

I'm due to receive my Costco a6000 bundle today and I'll use every bit of my 90 days to test it out.  Hopefully Sony will announce something soon!

It's funny that you mentioned the touchscreen option.  I've had an Olympus E-M5 since launch 2 years ago and to this day, I rarely use the touchscreen.  (...)

I never use the touchscreen for menus, but more for this sort of thing:

• Selecting a focus point is much faster with AF lenses: just touch anywhere on the screen. It's quicker for me to do it this way even if I am using the EVF - move the camera forward, touch the screen and then back to eye level.
  • Even better, with a manual focus lens, I can touch anywhere on the screen to zoom in  the image straight in to that point, irrespective of where the focus point is. This is a huge help for focussing. Then it's just a half-press of the shutter button to return to normal magnification.
  • When I'm filming video with an AF lens, sometimes it will start tracking the wrong subject, or I may just wish to change focus to a different subject. All I need to do is touch whatever I want to focus on. The same is true for stills.

On all my previous cameras (mostly Nikon DSLRs) I used to click around with a four-way controller to move the focus point, and now that I can do it on a touch screen the old way just feels slow and archaic. And this is coming from someone who still shoots and develops black and white film.

I never use the touchscreen for menus, but more for this sort of thing:

• Selecting a focus point is much faster with AF lenses: just touch anywhere on the screen. It's quicker for me to do it this way even if I am using the EVF - move the camera forward, touch the screen and then back to eye level.
  • Even better, with a manual focus lens, I can touch anywhere on the screen to zoom in  the image straight in to that point, irrespective of where the focus point is. This is a huge help for focussing. Then it's just a half-press of the shutter button to return to normal magnification...

In both cases the advantage is only by using the display - like a Smartphone ;) !

If you use the EVF, like most of us, a touchscreen is useless, as you can imagine ...

Smartphone yes, engaged photographers no :)

It only makes the camera thicker!

In both cases the advantage is only by using the display - like a Smartphone ;) !

If you use the EVF, like most of us, a touchscreen is useless, as you can imagine ...

Smartphone yes, engaged photographers no :)

It only makes the camera thicker!

Not true at all, I mainly use my EVF and as I said, for me it's still quicker and more accurate to move the camera a foot forward, tap a specific point and then put it back to my eye. I do also shoot at waist level a lot (I'm used to shooting medium format like this, and I still do it a lot for macro work and shooting kids), and then obviously it's a much more natural process to use the screen. But do try this out some time - it's always good to try new techniques, and with a bit of practice you can get the focus point wherever you need it and the camera back to your eye in under a second, so it's no less of an interruption than hitting the nav button thirteen times (I just checked, and that's how many clicks it takes to get the focus point to any corner).

What I don't do is hold the camera out at arm's length like a smartphone - that's a low blow! :)

Anyway, even the people that will never use a touchscreen lose nothing from having one, as you can always turn it off. I don't see why people object to having a feature that costs very little to include and that many people find useful (I don't mean you, but I've seen this type of conversation get quite heated elsewhere).

Of course they do; the Camera with touchscreen gets mor bulky!

More bulky? I hope you're joking. Compare the articulated touch screen on the old NEX 5N with the articulated non-touch screen on the A6000. The four-year-old capacitative touch screen is no thicker than the A6000's. Capacitative screens like the ones Sony and Olympus use need not be any thicker than regular panels.

I wouldn't have thought that someone called D700 would worry so much about a couple of extra microns.