Roaming NY lens

Hey, I am going to New York on holiday and I have the following kit.

Sony a7ii

Batis 85mm f1.8

Batis 25mm f2

70-200 f4

LEE 100m filters

I am needing a general sheet photography lens that I can keep on most the time for photos of anything from portraits, street shots, lights, food and close up, basically travel shots.

A 50mm prime is too narrow really, and my Batis 25mm will be great with my LEE filters for setting up more composed landscape shots in the evening, but too wide I think for general shots.  So its really a case of do I get the 24-70 GM or the Zeiss 35mm 1.4 ZA Distagon. My only problem with the GM is that it is so sharp I dont want it to make me get lazy and not use my primes! But will the 35mm 1.4 satisfy my needs for a street roaming lens I then have the 70-200 f4 for anything that requires a longer reach, and I will probably leave the 85mm at home

p.s I am not concerned by the size of the lens, I use a grip all the time anyway

Both the 24-70 GM and the Zeiss 35mm 1.4 are great options optically but they're fairly large and heavy. You may (or may not) find it wearing to lug one or both around NY all day. Something to think about.

Personally, I'd opt for the small 35 2.8 as my walk around exploring lens. I'd probably toss the 25 and 85 into my bag for situations when I need wider or more reach.

Both the 24-70 GM and the Zeiss 35mm 1.4 are great options optically but they're fairly large and heavy. You may (or may not) find it wearing to lug one or both around NY all day. Something to think about.

Personally, I'd opt for the small 35 2.8 as my walk around exploring lens. I'd probably toss the 25 and 85 into my bag for situations when I need wider or more reach.s, i

Thanks, I agree with what you are saying, I will have a side messenger bag to take the weight off my shoulder so I am not too worried about that, its more the focal length, having never used a 35mm prime before, I said when I got my a7ii I would nly buy the best I could afford in terms of lenses, and I did have the 2.8, but for me found it too small, and hard to handle with my large hands if that makes sense?

If I were heading out to do your shoot, I be glad 

that I already have your kit ... IOW you're all set. 

OTOH if the NY trip is basically a good excuse 

to buy another lens, just pick one that expands 

either end of your kit ... wide or long, whichever 

may be needed for your general all around use. 

But for the NY trip, you're already equipt :-) 

If I were heading out to do your shoot, I be glad 

that I already have your kit ... IOW you're all set. 

OTOH if the NY trip is basically a good excuse 

to buy another lens, just pick one that expands 

either end of your kit ... wide or long, whichever 

may be needed for your general all around use. 

But for the NY trip, you're already equipt :-) 

Thank you :)