Would you recommend the 20mm f/2.8 sony lens for my NEX-3?

Looking for a first lens for my Sony NEX-3. I've had this camera for years, but have never actually used it. It came with a 16mm, which I cannot stand for some reason. I think it's the 24mm equivalent which I really dislike, and I don't remember the images being that great.

To be honest, I bought the camera to try out some leica lenses on it, which did not go too well. And since then, it's been collecting dust. 

I now realize that I'm leaving my apartment too often without a camera, and want something on me all the time. Although somewhat bulky, I still can fit the NEX-3 with the 16mm mounted in my pocket. And I noticed the 20mm f/2.8 is slightly smaller than the 16mm

However, I have not been able to see many sample images of the NEX-3 with the 20mm f/2.8 lens. I have seen quite a lot of a6000 with the 20mm f/2.8, and I am very impressed with the results. Is this down to the a6000 camera (vs the NEX-3), or can I expect similar results with the NEX-3 too?

I do eventually see myself getting into the Sony alpha camera system (currently in the process of selling my Nikon stuff). I will eventually buy a 'better' sony APS-C camera, and a zoom lens which is a step up from the kit one, but not right now!

Would appreciate any help.  So far, have been messing around with the NEX-3 and 16mm, and it really does have that 'DSLR' type feel to it, whenever I hit that shutter button. Feels refreshing in such a compact system!

Thanks! Yes, the NEX-3 is a camera I already have, and I like the compactness of it. As a side note, how much 'bigger' is the a6000?

As for the 16mm (24mm), I would say it's too wide for my liking.

But, right now, more than anything else, looking for a pancake and body that can just about fit inside my pocket, and give me 28 or 35mm view equivalent

Believe it or not, the other alternative I was considering, was buying a used Panasonc GF1, and the14mm f/2.5 pancake lens for it

I'm sort of at the cross roads, because whichever 'pocket system' I choose now (Sony vs micro four thirds) will pretty much mean I'll go that route with future lenses...

Would welcome any other suggestions for 'systems', as of now, looking for a body or lens that can give 28 or 35mm equivalent, and is compact, and a larger sensor on camera

Thank you!

Sigma has a coupla pancakes for the Sony APSC E-mount. 

One is a 19mm and  ... IIRC ... the other is 30mm. You may 

wanna keep the 16 if you get something like the 30. Thaz a 

really perfect difference right there. Use the 30 as a normal 

lens and the 16 is your wide angle when you need one. It's 

a very slightly wider version of the typical 50 and 28mm FF 

pair, equivalent to 24 and 45 instead of 28 and 50, but hey, 

PANCAKES in your pockets :-)