No Aperture control with canon lenses

3rd day with my a6500 using Fotiodox adapter and canon lenses. I have no aperture control. If I set to f22 and hit record the camera freezes for 30 seconds and then records at widest fstop of the lens. I have changed batteries, removed adapter and put it back on, re-initialized the camera, all to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with this that can help. And if I have posted in wrong area, my apologies...I am brand new. Thanks.

I have both the Sigma MC-11, and the Comlite Adaptor on a A6000.

First of all the MC-11 canot be used for EF-S lenses, because the rear of the lenses extends further, the Comlite will conect both EF and EF-S lenses.

I cannot obtain a focus using the MC-11 adaptor with the folllowing Canon FE prime lenses. 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 (first edition), 100mm f2.8 macro L. I could focus with the 300mm f4 L lens.

With zoom lenses the 70-200mm f4 L focussed, as did the 100-300mm f4.5-5.6. the  35-135mm f 3.5-4.5 would focus at 35mm but not at 135mm.

Of my Sigma lenses the 10-20mm 4-5.6 DC HSM focussed (this was the fastest focussing of all my lenses)., the 170m-500mm f5.6-6.3 would focus at 170mm but not 500mm.

With the Comlite adaptor all my lenses including the EF-S lenses would focus, except for the Sigma170-500mm which would not focus at all. Depending upon the light there could be a lot of hunting before the correct focus was obtained.

With the ease of using the manual focussing system of the Sony A6000, this is probably the best option, though some of the newer lenses listed by Sigma, could  focus rapidly.