Hello from Denton, Texas

What model are you using? There shouldn't be any "black out" period. It may be set to "auto review" which immediately shows you the photo you just took. This takes time to process and slows things down. Be sure to turn that setting off.

The "poor" battery life is often a complaint about Sony's SLRs. Actually the battery is very powerful, it has to be due to Sony's very high quality sensor. It eats up a lot of power. Shouldn't Sony have a larger battery like they do for the A77 and A99? It would make the camera much larger and those batteries cannot be recharged via USB so the WB50 is the better battery. 

What model are you using? There shouldn't be any "black out" period. It may be set to "auto review" which immediately shows you the photo you just took. This takes time to process and slows things down. Be sure to turn that setting off.

The "poor" battery life is often a complaint about Sony's SLRs. Actually the battery is very powerful, it has to be due to Sony's very high quality sensor. It eats up a lot of power. Shouldn't Sony have a larger battery like they do for the A77 and A99? It would make the camera much larger and those batteries cannot be recharged via USB so the WB50 is the better battery. 

Thanks for the tip!!   Both my A7ii's were on 2 second auto review and now I notice a difference.  I'm ok with the battery life, I just have a lot of batteries to compensate.