6300 or 6500

Hi. Moving across from prosumer camcorders and have come down to a choice between these two. As you could guess I use mainly for video so is the extra £3-400 worth it for the 6500? From what I am reading the in camera stabilisation and the slight improvement on the already excellent AF are the main improvements? Just not sure if the extra coin is worth it?

Buying two lenses, the E18-105mm f4 G OSS and the 35mm f1.8 OSS as these will be enough (for now) for what I shoot so with two lenses with stabilisation will the in camera stabilisation be necessary?

Or should I be considering the A7ii? 4k isn't essential but feel I may as well have it for future proofing or even downsampling to 1080p for improved picture quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've read, there is another great improvement on the A6500: it can stand longer video captures without shutting down because of excessive heat. For many, this would be a decisive reason to choose it.

I like your lens choice, I have both and they can stand 4K. My experience with the IBIS is on the A7RII. While I did not test it fully, it is an amazing tool. Once you have a good tool you will choose it for the right situation. Remember that IBIS works in 5 ways, so it should be more powerful than just the optical stabilization. And then you will be able to use any lens in the future without missing stabilization. 

I tested the A7RII IBIS with the old Minolta 300mm f/2.8 handheld and a legacy 800 mm preset on a tripod and got better results than what I had with the same lenses on the A99. As the A99 has no moving mirror, so I believe that the lower resolution (focus) I was getting with that camera was mostly due to some shutter induced shake. Yes, IBIS is worth the extra $$!

I've always been a believer in camcorders over SLRs for video. By law camcorders offer some features that SLRs cannot. That said the Sony mirrorless are by far the best SLRs for video.

As far as video resolution, all Sony SLRs can record in AVCHD which already in such a ridiculously high level that 99.9% of TV can't even properly handle the image. The newer models like the A5100,  A6300 and A7II series have XAVCS. Even higher quality! And now they offer 4K!

I agree with the above post, IBIS is worth the extra cash.