Hello from Illinois - and I have a question or two

dkhuon

I had this camera for a few months.  I always have problems remembering what and where all the options are turned in the settings menu:

• How to use GPS to attach these information with the image files (downloaded to Win 10 folders).  My camera model is SLT A77V.  I have GPS settings as:
    • GPS: On
    • GPS Auto Time Cor.: On
    • Use GPS Assist Data:   shown as Off,  cannot change

All my picture files (JPG) do not show any information where they were taken: GPS longitude, lattitude.  What do I have to do to see them?

• I remember being able to display the horizontal gauge (ruler) in the viewfinder to assist me keeping the camera horizontal.  Now I could not find where and how I did it.

I appreciate very much any help I can receive.  Thanks.

dave

After a few more searches on the internet, I found a few answers to both questions.  Nonetheless, I am still interested in suggestions others may have.  Here are what I found:

1. GPS: download a file called assistme.dat from a Sony web site:  http://kuther.net/blog/howto-easily-update-gps-data-sony-alpha-657799-and-others-linuxmac
  2. Horizontal Gauge in viewfinder: in fact, there is a toggle button on the back of the camera, called Disp (to the right of the Fn button), just for that.  Silly me.  Should have look thoroughly.