MF lens for Tilt & Shift on A7R

Hi Folks, 

I am looking for a high quality mamiya or hasselblad MF to mount on my A7R, along with a mirex tilt/shift adaptor, it needs to be a version with full manual aperture control. pretend price isn't any issue, any recommendations? ( I only shoot landscapes with front to back sharpness requirements), what lens would even come close to the canon 24mm T/S II, if any ?

(I have already burned my fingers once, trying a contax 645 MF lens, with 2 x kipon adaptors, it just did not work due to the lens having electronic aperture control and the kipon adaptors in-build iris not being up to it.)

Cheers, 

Andy.

Guest PenGun

Hi Folks, 

I am looking for a high quality mamiya or hasselblad MF to mount on my A7R, along with a mirex tilt/shift adaptor, it needs to be a version with full manual aperture control. pretend price isn't any issue, any recommendations? ( I only shoot landscapes with front to back sharpness requirements), what lens would even come close to the canon 24mm T/S II, if any ?

(I have already burned my fingers once, trying a contax 645 MF lens, with 2 x kipon adaptors, it just did not work due to the lens having electronic aperture control and the kipon adaptors in-build iris not being up to it.)

Cheers, 

Andy.

Focus stacking should do what you want. I used to run a 4x5 and tilt and shift are nice but you have such a small area to use in a FF camera. It's true the MF lenses, well most of them, will cover even at fairly large movements, but everything is so tiny.

Hi, I use the Mamiya 35mm lens with a Mirex shift adapter on my a6000.  I am thinking about getting a A7?? soon.

The 35mm  f/3.5 lens works great; however, my Mamiya 80mm f/2.8 has BAD chromatic abberation.  I got both

lenses (with camera) used,  on ebay - so perhaps not all 80mm lenses are this bad??     

Good luck on finding a good used one.  I see B&H has a new one offered for $2990 - auto focus lens.

But you would want an older manual focus lens.  I got my two lenses and camera for $400 on ebay.  - John S.