You'll probably find that the weight of the A7 with lenses isn't such a huge difference from that Canon setup, and even less so with their zoom lenses should you use them. Personally, I'd go for a crop sensor, either the A6500 or a Fuji, a wide angle zoom plus 50 and/or 85mm equivalent primes. You're unlikely to need the ultra shallow DOF of a full frame shot at 1.4 anyway. If you do go full frame then the flexibility of the 16-35 plus the 55mm would be my choice. I very much doubt you'll notice much difference between the zoom and the Batis shooting hand held.

• 6 months later...

Hi all, I'm a Mirrorless NUBE and am very close to making the switch.  Quick background, I was a sponsored climber and traveled 40+ countries rock climbing and mountaineering.  This is before budgets for camera crews/person and social media.  It was all up to me to grab photos and I'm not a pro.  Over the years I've got some great pics and learned how to use manual settings, light, etc.  I have shot on a Canon T2i for a long time.  Here is the problem.  Weight is a big issue for me when hanging on a wall or being in high altitude.  If I'm carrying a camera that size and weight, heck! I could be carrying an A7rii !  I am no longer sponsored but still always climbing and traveling and want to start taking my photography seriously.  Good thing about the Canon T2i is that I have beaten it into oblivion in the harshest environments and it is still going (flash is broken but I never used it anyway)!  A huge benefit is that I can charge it at home, and take it on a 3 week expedition without charging it again.  I realize, most of what I am doing is more point and shoot and if I were setting up shots it wouldn't last that long.  Lastly, would love a full frame option but thinking the a6500 may be a good bet based on my needs.  Other climbing photographers can afford multiple 5DMiii/IV with lots of lenses, but they also have people rig ropes ahead of time and they post up all day.  I don't have that luxury and am taking pics while leading groups, fixing ropes, etc.

My priorities:  weight, size, but also durability, weatherproofing, a solution for short battery life

What I shoot:  landscapes, portraits, people (climbers, mountaineers) in landscapes, travel

A7rii is out of my budget (unless there is a big Black Friday sale ha).  The A7ii is doable with one or 2 lenses.  Was thinking a pro 50mm or 35mm.  a6500 may be a great way to get used to Sony mirrorless then could eventually get an A7rii to compliment it when price decreases in a year or 2).  Is full-frame that big of a deal for what I am doing?

I appreciate all of the help!  Thanks in advance!

Read this?  http://alpineexposures.com/phototips/tips-from-the-pros-which-camera-gear