A new lens for my Sony Alpha A35

Hi, I have a Sony Aplha a35 which i have owned for over 5 years. I am very happy with the camera and have used it extensively when out walking. However, after a recent fall on a mountain I am without a fully functioning lens. My 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM lens has a broken auto focus so I can only use the manual lens. That is no good to me as much of my work is a quick look and click while walking by using to auto focus function. So my question is about a replacement lens.

Where can I source a replacelent lens with auto function and, if possible with a zoom range of 18-135 or approx? Would you be so kind as to point me out soom good options.

Thank you,

Mike Brockhurst

www.walkingenglishman.com 

In the A-Mount lens system from Sony, there is the A DT 3,5-5,6/18-135 mm SAM. I owned this lens myself and I can highly recommend it. Since I have now switched to E-Mount, I have had to sell it.

An alternative is the A DT 2.8/16-50 mm SSM. It is more powerful and heavier, but more expensive and has a not so large zoom range. Notice: The optical performance and the autofocus are outstanding!

Good luck!

I can think of 2 lenses that may work for you. Sigma has a 24-105 F/4 that will be pretty close to the range you are looking for. In addition, the Sony 16-50 F2.8. I know it doesn't have the top end range but the lens renders beautiful pictures. I have been using it on my A77 for 4 years and it's become my bread and butter event/all around lens. I own an a6000 and an A7RII but I cannot replace my A77 because that lens is just beautiful.