A7RM2 & Playmemories Time-Lapse Issue

Forgive me if this has been discussed.  I have searched high and low and cannot find it mentioned before.  I have the A7RM2 and although used primarily for stills I need to take a time-lapse of a marching band performance that will last about 11min. I am using Playmemories.  I "think" my settings are correct.  The shoot is at night on a brightly lit football field.  I set the Playmemories for 1 second intervals but when I start the shoot it is only shooting at 2 or 3 or even 4 sec intervals.  There is a warning symbol for the life of me I cannot find the meaning anywhere!!  Over the 1 second interval indicator in the camera screen is an orange exclamation point (!).  Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am using a SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC Card (64GB, 95MB/s, U3).  I have the settings for the most number of shots (999).  What should be a 600-700 shot timelapse video (I am letting the app create the video in camera) turned out to be only a 140 or so shot video that lasts no more than 7 seconds. I even have the camera set to shoot JPEG (fine).  Thank you so much for any words you can offer.  Steve

Think different here... Record, not as stills with all the complications and pitfalls and funkiness in trying to get things to work correctly, but as VIDEO. That way you can take that 11 min performance (roughly 19,800 still images) and, in post, make it ANY speed you want. A VIDEO is essentially what you're trying to create from a bunch of stills. If you botch the shoot (which evidently is what's happening to you) you loose the entire gig. VIDEO allows the entire performance plus the flexibility to ramp up to time lapse at the start and ramp down at the end. I sometimes make time lapse from video by exporting every nTh (depending upon the final look you want) frame as an image then stitching together. Your way you only have the one shot to get the interval rate / speed equation correct. Using VIDEO you can make it pace out to whatever look you're after.

Think different here... Record, not as stills with all the complications and pitfalls and funkiness in trying to get things to work correctly, but as VIDEO. That way you can take that 11 min performance (roughly 19,800 still images) and, in post, make it ANY speed you want. A VIDEO is essentially what you're trying to create from a bunch of stills. If you botch the shoot (which evidently is what's happening to you) you loose the entire gig. VIDEO allows the entire performance plus the flexibility to ramp up to time lapse at the start and ramp down at the end. I sometimes make time lapse from video by exporting every nTh (depending upon the final look you want) frame as an image then stitching together. Your way you only have the one shot to get the interval rate / speed equation correct. Using VIDEO you can make it pace out to whatever look you're after.

VTC... thanks.  Yes, I could just take the video was really hoping to be able to get it done in playmemories and save some time.