8 replies to this topic

#1 andyfowlie

andyfowlie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with adapting Canon or Nikon tilt-shift lenses onto an A7Rii?

I am interested to hear experiences and recommendations (e.g. lens/adapter combinations which work well or badly) of anyone who has done this.

Andy

#2 guzy

guzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

I have used  Canon ts-e 24mm with Commlite adapter on a7ii and so far the result looks good, except there was a little bit flare when shooting agains bright light source. I think the problem is in the adapter, will compare next time with Metabones. But you can avoid it by using lens hood or just block the light with your hand. 

• andyfowlie likes this

#3 Golem

Golem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

I use a 35/2.8 shift-only Nikkor on an a7-II and

the illumination fall-off is visible when shifted,

about 1.5 stops. Compensating for it reduces  

available dynamic range.  

BTW, a lens shade on a shifted lens is a sad

joke, unless you employ a shiftable matte box

similar to as used with a studio monorail view.

Using your hand can work very well especially

with a large card as a parasol. 

• andyfowlie likes this

#4 strohscw

strohscw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:57 AM

I am using the Canon TS-E´s (17, 24, 90mm) via the Metabones IV Adapter and the Olympus TS 35, 2.8 via a Novoflex Adapter on my Sony A7Rii. I am very pleased to use these Lenses on this camera. The Metabones gives me all the exif informations I need for the post production and it works perfect. The Novoflex adapter with the Olympus lens is also perfect even when you get no exif info.

For me it is a perfect combo for Architectural and landscape photography: Perfect lenses via very good adapters on a perfect camera. I love to work with them.

Hope this helps!

• andyfowlie likes this

#5 Jstr

Jstr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:55 AM

I us a hartblei TS Adapter with a modifite 14-24mm AFS 2,8. The newes V2 Version adapts a Canon 11-24mm lens. 

http://hartblei.de/de/whatsnew.htm

This adapter has tilt and shift. I have seen an other version at the Photokina with two shift directions. It s the first shift adaper i us ,were you can stich also with the presicon you need. I us it without the rail only on a arca P0 head.

You kann adapt all canon and nikon lenses. and a lot of them has a big usable imige cirle.

• andyfowlie likes this

#6 andyfowlie

andyfowlie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

Thanks all, this was useful!

#7 Jstr

Jstr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:37 AM

If you are interest in using the Ais 300 mm Nikon with tilt and shift her is an link to my post in the systemkameraforum (in german)

http://www.systemkam...lei-ts-adapter/

#8 EDBR

EDBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:30 PM

I'm using a mirex tilt-shift adapter with a Contax YC 35-70 f3.4. Excellent combination and the adapter is never leaving the lens anymore.
Works well with my other Contax lenses but the 35-70mm gives me more freedom and is as good as the primes.
And no problem with infinity,
See the second picture, taken with this combo
https://edwarddebruy...o.com/tenerife2
And the images titled "difficult life" and "stones and mouvements" :
https://edwarddebruy...io.com/tenerife
If you use a 14-16mm it's quite easy to have enough sharpness, like the other images almost all taken with the 16-35 f4 Sony.
Also the new Canon lenses work well with the adapter.

#9 Austrokiwi

Austrokiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:53 AM

LIke EDBR I aso use a Mirext tilt shift adapter. My examplemounts mamiya 645 lenses. Its expensive but it is a finely engineered adapter.Its a cheaper option than using NIkon and canon PC lenseswhile equaling the IQ 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adapted, tilt-shift, perspective correction, a7rii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users