I did it .. Pre Ordered 2 x a99II, dump the E Mount

Guest Jaf-Photo

Nice move, man. It's great that Sony offers good choices for pros now. There' a great range of class-leading cameras for different uses and preferences.

Keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

You realise there is a pro-level E-mount camera rumoured for early next year, that will no doubt fix the issues you speak of.

The A6500 indicates that buffer issues will soon be a thing of the past for E-mount too, as it has a new front-end LSI like the A99 II.

I'm sure the A99 II will do a great job for you, but I wouldn't plan on selling any E-mount glass you have just yet.

You realise there is a pro-level E-mount camera rumoured for early next year, that will no doubt fix the issues you speak of.

But how expensive is it going to be? And how before it gets released?  And how long after that until it actually ships?

The A99II matches the price of the A7RII.  The future pro-level E-mount can only be more expensive than that.  And with the exception of the 70-200 range, the A-mount glass is cheaper and more abundant than any E-mount equivalent.  And the choice of E-mount lenses is still quite limited.

Why wait another year or two, just to pay more money for something we can get right now for less?