• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barry C

Barry C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

This is a 7 minute film I just completed which is a combination of 4K, 2K 120fps, and time lapses which were done with the A7S2 & A7R2. It was filmed over a 7 month period with an additional month of post production time.

• Mathias, Ben, chiapeteater and 1 other like this

#2 Mathias

Mathias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

Beautiful work!

#3 Barry C

Barry C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:42 PM

Beautiful work!

Thank you!

#4 Barry C

Barry C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

Since a few people on another forum have asked this, the lenses which were used in 80% of this film were the Sony 16-35 f4 FE, and the Sony 28mm 2.0 FE. Also used to a lesser extent was the Sony 55mm 1.8 FE.

#5 MikeOfBonsall

MikeOfBonsall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationBonsall, California

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

I understand a month in post. What a lot of great work. Can you post some technical stuff like color modes and gammas used and lots etc/

Mike

Bonsall, California

A7ii + FE 28-70 f3.5, Nikkor AF-S DX VR 18-200 f3.5 IF-ED

#6 Barry C

Barry C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Hi Mike, I really can't give you precise details about color modes and gamma other than to tell you what post production software I used which was using default color settings.

My workflow started with processing the raw images in Lightroom and Capture One Pro. Probably about 80% were done with Capture One as I feel it offers much greater control over masked parts of images- and I tend to use a lot of mask layers. After preliminary processing with the two aforementioned programs and output as JPEGs, the images were brought into Edius 8.31 Workgroup, which is my NLE of choice and final editing and output was done there. I will add that, even with my rather robust computers, working with hundreds of the large A7RII images was a bit tedius!

Hope this info helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X