ISO Auto min SS A7RII

ShotGal

Help me understand this.  I thought (wrong) that this feature would lock the minimum your shutter speed could slow to - at a custom value - so for instance - you don't want anything to be slower than 1/125 while shooting in A mode - it wouldn't go there, and instead make an adjustment via ISO so the shutter speed was at or above the minimum (1/125).

The manual talks of Faster, STD, Slow - but those parameters don't exist in the newest firmware...  Only Std. and 1/8000-30"

Just a bit confused.  Thanks.

Thanks - OK I'm making progress.  I now found the "missing" parameters.  There is a goofy sub-menu under one of the choices in the list - once on STD one has to click L/R to get access to slowest, slow, fast, faster.  I figured this out by reading this.

It still doesn't work however.  I put the camera in A Mode and set this to 1/125, but it's still shooting at way under in low light.  It also implies it only works in JPG so I tried that as well with no joy.  

PS - I checked my link for this parameter, and it's exactly the right page.

ISO AUTO Min. SS

If you select [iSO AUTO] or [iSO AUTO] under [Multi Frame NR] when the shooting mode is P (Program Auto) or A (Aperture Priority), you can set the shutter speed at which the ISO sensitivity starts changing. 
This function is effective for shooting moving subjects. You can minimize subject blurring while also preventing camera shake.

UPDATE - worth an extra post - instead of an edit.

It was a menus parameter access problem in the ISO settings area.  There is a trick to change the Auto ISO Minimum and Maximum values.  It's the L/R wheel again - while ISO/Auto ISO is selected.  the default SS maximum is set to 1/800 - which was not high enough for the dimly lit scene - so it was forcing a slower shutter to compensate.

FIXED!  

This "hidden parameters inside of values, inside of parameters in menu selections" takes a while to figure out.  It's all there, but one has to menu dive pretty deep to get to these.