Mathias

hello

I would like to share a few landscape shots. All with 16-35/4 on A7II.

28700476523_89d4877ba5_b.jpg

Sound of Silence by Mathias, auf Flickr

29056055490_ca865ef38f_b.jpg

Calm down by Mathias, auf Flickr

28675397934_82970e8485_b.jpg

Tarn by Mathias, auf Flickr

29290292391_08216a93c8_b.jpg

Barrier Lake by Mathias, auf Flickr

29102531150_7945d9a37c_b.jpg

Over the hills and far away by Mathias, auf Flickr

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in the 16-35 f4 before a two week trip in Europe next spring.  How do you like it?  Based on your results, I bet you love it.  I have the Basis 25 f2, but want something wider.  I am considering the Basis 18 f2.8 and Voigtlander 15 f4.5, along with the Sony 16-35 f4.  All three are good lenses so probably can not go wrong.

Thanks guys!

Fun thing is, I barely touched the saturation slider on these. The light was so great and the sky was really that blue. I felt like going with a contrasty look on this set, because it suits the scene well.

I love this lens for landscapes and travel. I've used it on a trip to Italy and was glad I had it with me.

Otherwise I'm more of a prime guy, 35-50-85/90.

One more :)

30106591404_012ae47f0b_b.jpg

Barrier Lake II by Mathias, auf Flickr

I love this lens for landscapes and travel. I've used it on a trip to Italy and was glad I had it with me.

Did you use the Zeiss Batis 25mm or 18mm?  I have the Basis 25mm and 85mm.  I want something wider than 25mm.  However, I'm not sure there is enough difference in the Basis 25 and 18.  I'm guessing you bought you 16-35 f4 before the Batis was available.  I used to prefer zoom for the flexibility.  But now I prefer primes.  The Basis 25 is more expensive than the 16-35, but much faster f-stop.  The only time I would miss that extra lens speed is in astro photography which I rarely do.  So I'm leaning toward the 16-35.  Will probably wait until the first of the year to decide.

Did you use the Zeiss Batis 25mm or 18mm?

Unfortunately no, I don't own or have ever tried a Batis lens.

I too typically prefer primes, but in the wide range I enjoy a flexibel zoom. I couldn't live with an 18mm prime, it would often end up being too wide - the 25 looks great though - but what if you still want to go wider every now and then? I don't like changing lenses out in the field, plus the zoom is cheaper and really good. Corners may be sharper on the primes, but isn't that overrated? Colors and contrast are great on the 16-35/4.

So, I'm sticking to this great zoom.

I hardly miss a larger aperture on the zoom, I'm not into astro either. My other lenses are 35/1.4 ZA, 50/1.4 ZA and 90/2.8 Macro.

However I'm thinking about getting the Batis 85 - or a 135 if there will ever be one :)

Cheers

Thanks guys!

Fun thing is, I barely touched the saturation slider on these. The light was so great and the sky was really that blue. I felt like going with a contrasty look on this set, because it suits the scene well.

One more :)

30106591404_012ae47f0b_b.jpg

Barrier Lake II by Mathias, auf Flickr

I've been on quite a few climbing trips in that area and in the Dolomites.  You aint kidding!  It truly is that saturated in color in real life!  Great pics!