Strange burst mode, help!

JL-Y

Hello, I have an A7 and today I have put on it a Russian Helios manual  lens with a Fotga adapter.

The problem is that the camera goes into a sort of machine gun mode for a few frames every time I hit the shutter button. This apparently has nothing to with frame rate because the camera thinks there is no lens. and there is no way to adjust frame rate at all.

Even more strange; although the camera sounds as though it is firing at 5ps for a few seconds there is still only one image per shutter press so it is not as though I am wasting frame after frame. The images with the Russian lens are fine, the only problem is the burst rate. Thank you.

This sort of problem has not occurred with manual focus Nikon lenses and adaptors and as far as I know I have never put the camera onto this setting. Please advise. Thank you

Hello,

There is no shooting mode available. If it helps the problem replicates itself with a manual focus Nikon now as well. I don't know where to look for a bracket mode; I would never normally use such a mode but I repeat that only one image is taken despite the camera sounding like a machine gun. I hate the way menu changes can take place on this Sony with no active input. 

Sonys just seem very hard work. For two pins I would sell this body and go back to Canon completely. For all Canon's problems the menus are clear and easy to follow, but there you go.

Thank you for your reply. If a bracketing mode was on surely I would get more one image per burst? Thoughts?

if you have invoked bracketed white balance or dro you only get one image also if you are for some reason in HDR mode

ISO and dro at the bottom of the drive menu accessed on the 9oclock position on the rear dial

HDR accessed at the bottom of the dro option menu which on my camera is accessed through function button,

Thank you, but the answer is none of the above. It's all to do with AUTO ISO. There are two. Check the one at the top of the menu and you will be able to replicate my problem, check the one immediately underneath and everything is fine. Thank you but you must admit your solutions did not seem remotely plausible. You were guessing. DRO indeed!

adwb's suggestion was plausible. Sony has two multi-shot modes, where the camera takes multiple shots and merges them. One is the Auto-HDR method that adwb suggested, and the other is the mult-shot ISO mode. As you have discovered, you got into the latter mode.

It's real easy to accidentally hit the wheel on the right side bringing up ISO, and a slight spin at the same time would change it. This can happen while trying to hit the center button, or can happen when trying to spin the back wheel to change shutter speed or aperture, depending on your dial setup.

God! People are just getting weirder and rudder everyday. 

God! People are just getting weirder and rudder everyday. 

Not really everyday ... it varies. Frinstintz, with me, it's

more of a weekly thing. I like to jack up the "ruddness"

a notch or three every Thursday. It's ruddy good fun !

Altho sometimes it does get "weird" ....