Can't make display B/W with Live View OFF

My final output is large B/W prints. Therefore I shoot RAW + JPEG and set Creative Style to B/W so that the display shows the image in B/W. I have Live View ON to check exposure adjustments.

I have recently acquired a radio controlled flash and the corresponding control unit. I use it to shoot in TTL mode off my A7R2, and I am very satisfied with the results.

As I often shoot flash in dimly lit surroundings I set Live View to OFF in order to get a bright picture in the display. With Live View set to OFF I am unable to get a B/W image on the display even when I set Creative Style to B/W. Why is that so, and is there a way to solve the problem?

I think you might find that when you fit your radio control sender it automatically shows the live view as if the live setting was off, which means you could leave he leave  view setting on the menu to on which might help? I dont know buts it's a idea.

Glad to help, btw there is another setting which I don't use but if memory serves me correctly with a onboard flash in the hot shoe it shows what the flash included view would be instead of the standard ambient view, which is differs to turning the ambient view off